layout

4/10/2013

Conference Traditions

General Conference may just be my favorite weekends of the year.  It's a time to just soak in the Spirit and I always walk away wanting to be a better mother, wife, friend, follower of Christ.

This Spring session was probably one of my favorite sessions ever.  I honestly was in love with each talk more than the next. It's like when you read a good book and you just want to share it with everyone.  I want to have a Conference book club!

When I was young I was not the biggest fan of General Conference.  Probably because it meant getting dressed up and driving to the Church to sit for hours on end at whatever odd time General Conference was going to be broadcasted in Korea/Austria.  But I'm not sure my kids appreciate it as much as I do either and they get to eat candy, wear pajamas and fill out awesome coloring packets.

One things that my kids do love about Conference is all the traditions surrounding it.  Saturday night, while the men are off at Priesthood, we have a Priesthood-less Pizza Picnic at the Park.  This year out numbers were few, which meant for a rather relaxing evening.



The little kids played in the sand, the big girls did their thing and the big boys played football while the moms chatted.

Then sleepovers with the Ashtons and Simpsons until we meet up for Conference Brunch in between sessions on Sunday.  Brunch always turns into watching the afternoon session together. . . . and then it' always dinner time.  So now we just plan on dinner together as well.  This year we watched the highly anticipated Granite Flats in between. 
Something exciting must have been going on when I took this picture.  Not sure the show was as good as I was hoping, but we love BYU and my kids were excited that I said we would turn on the TV on a SUNDAY to watch it, so we're going to stick it out for a few more episodes.

4 comments:

Nurul Mustofa said...

nice family. we do love it much..

Kristine Hodson said...

Oh my! I love the pictures from "THE" park!
I did not hear one word of conference! (work)
I have been excited for the CHURCH NEWS so I could at least read a few summaries.
Now I am even more excited for the Ensign since President Monson and you have told me how great conference was! Perfect pictures and post!
thank you
Love Kristine

Kathleen said...

WHO is the girl between ellie and lindsey in the last picture???

and WHAT is sadie wearing??

Cammie said...

We actually have a general conference book club. We meet each week and go over a different talk. It's awesome! I love seeing your family grow, thanks for sharing.