layout

4/07/2013

Easter Sunday

This year we tried hard to focus on the Savior during the Easter season. Dustin came up with what may be the best idea I've ever heard of -- instead of getting the kids Easter baskets full of toys and goodies, we took them to Deseret Book and they each picked out a picture of the Jesus Christ for their rooms.

 We still did an Easter egg hunt, because I'm a sucker for traditions, but I sure wish I had made my kids go to bed in matching pajamas.





Saturday night we squeezed in some last minute egg dying, which was relatively calm and uneventful, but there's a picture of it and it needs a place to go.

I continued my tradition of terrible Easter pictures

And then we headed off for Church.  The speakers were really inspiring and Dustin taught the 3rd hour lesson.

For dinner we went to the Bryner's house for a delicious dinner, an adult Easter egg hunt (I did not win -- whomp whomp) put on by our children, and Dustin made us all souffles for dessert.

They were well received.  It was a perfect Easter.  No stress, lots of family time and good food.

1 comment:

Kristine Hodson said...

Oh my! I love those faces! The picture with the pictures is perfect. I do not think I have ever seen the picture that Nate chose. I love it.
I love the Easter outfit picture. Chartreuse is my favorite color.
Love Kristine