layout

5/13/2013

A visit from Virginia

I am really lucky see my parents a few times a year. Usually they come out and watch the kids for a week while Dustin and I go on a trip.  Or we see them for large family get togethers like baptisms, holidays or family reunions in the summer. But this time they came out just because and I was really looking forward to a nice relaxing week of one on one time.  We were really careful about making sure we didn't have anything scheduled so our days would be nice and open.  So what did we do?
The question you should be asking yourself is -- what DIDN'T we do? We were so busy I didn't even take pictures.

Monday --
  • I made my mom come with me to my 5:30 weight class
  • Got volcano books at the library
  • Costco
  • My parents took Luke to Peter Piper Pizza while I did laundry and took a quick nap to recover from not sleeping at Women's Conference
  • While I was sleeping the school called because Sadie's shoe broke at recess. I did not check my cell phone when I woke up, but rushed to school to get butcher paper. Everyone at school asked me if I was there to bring Sadie a shoe and I had to admit I, yet again, was napping when the school called.  I'm pretty sure they must think I'm a lush.
  • Mani/Pedis for the girls
  • Shopping for Legos for Nate and my dad
  • Painting pottery and Cold Stone for dessert
Luke literally painted this for an hour.  Layer after layer after layer.  He did a pretty thorough job.

Tuesday --

  • My parents came along to help put up the Art Masterpiece displays at the District Boardroom 
  • Picked Ellie up from school and my parents took her out to lunch
  • Then my mom and I took her belated birthday shopping
  • Shoe shopping for Sadie (where she picked out these beauties among others)
  • Ellie got her cast off (SHOWER TIME!!)
  • Activity Days
  • Piano
  • Did we eat dinner??

Wednesday --
  • Zoo.  I finally bit the bullet and joined the zoo.  Luke loves that place.  We saw every single exhibit that day and spent an hour at the splash pad where Luke made a best friend, Leia. Luke and Leia. No joke. 
Luke is especially fond of the farm part of the zoo
  • Late lunch at Paradise Bakery
  • Birthday shopping for Luke (he got Woody AND Buzz)
  • Sadie got her ears pierced and didn't even cry!
  • We took my parents out to dinner at Cafe Boa
  • Mutual

Thursday --
  • My mom and I spent the day at the spa and ate this for lunch:
  • Shopping for dance/gymnastic wear at Sparkle Dazzle
  • Teacher Appreciation shopping at World Market
  • Sadie got to go out for Dairy Queen and took my parents to watch her gymnastics
  • Scouts
  • Dessert out for Nate.  Yes, all those desserts for one boy.

Friday --
  • My dad went on a field trip with Nate 
  • I went to Mother's Day Tea with Sadie
  • Then I "busted her out" of school and we all had Pita Jungle for lunch
  • Took my mom shopping at Designer Boulevard to spoil her for Mother's Day
  • Outlet shopping with Dustin
  • Kai for dinner for two
  • Overnight at the resort

Saturday --
  • Slept in (I literally slept ten hours straight)
  • Breakfast in bed -- my favorite (Dustin even ordered extra water for me)
  • Picked up Mother's Day goodies while my parents took the kids to see the Croods
  • Dustin got his haircut
  • We went swimming for a few hours
  • Dinner at Joe's Farm Grill
  • And then dessert at home

My parents left early Sunday morning.  It was a sad sad day, but we can't wait for the beach!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

How are you not 500lbs and in the poor house?! That is a lot of food and a lot of shopping:) Parents visits are THE BEST!!