layout

5/31/2013

The Graduate!

On Tuesday night, Sadie became an official 1st grader!
 
We are so proud of her and I cannot believe how much she has learned and how much she has grown in the last year.  Kindergarten is such a year of change.  I feel like I sent her off as a little thing and she came back all grown up.
I got a little teary eyed when they sang as song where the chorus sang something about "as a Kindergarten class" and they end with the chorus being changed to "as a First grade class."

Dustin had to fly out Tuesday night so he missed the actual ceremony, but I made him go up early to save us a spot on the basketball court.  We were actually lucky because it was only 94 degrees that night, so the cement was only mildly scalding under the blanket.
I left Luke with a friend so we could enjoy Sadie and ended up with Ellie and her best friend McKenzie goofing off with my phone and Nate sticking by my side trying to rebuff the adoration of a girl from his class (and also probably because he loves McKenzie).
The songs were adorable, even if I've heard them before, and Sadie sang her heart out.
They read the names of each child and the teachers say something nice.  It's very sweet and I love how individual it is, but it gets looooong.  Sadie sat very patiently for her name to be read 3/4 of the way through.
 
 

Sadie's says: Sadie brings great spirit and energy to our class. She is very creative and enjoys learning about how things work.
 
After the ceremony and cookies, we went to her classroom to watch their class slideshow.  She has some cute friends in her class.
 
Her little best friend's name is Juliet and they have been so sweet to see together.
 
We will especially miss her amazing teacher, Mrs. Wilson.  She is phenomenal. I don't how she works her magic, but she makes teaching Kindergarteners to read and write and sit still look easy.
 
I'm hoping we get her for Luke too because I cannot imagine anyone more apt for the difficult job ahead.

No comments: