layout

5/31/2013

Last Day! Last Day!!

The four best words in the world: Last Day of School!!! Is there anything more wonderful than getting your children back for the summer?  There is a lot of stress that comes from being "School Year Mom" and I think everyone in our family prefers "Summertime Mom."
 Ellie -- 5th
It's official: We are entering the teen age years.  We will survive though because Ellie is an angel.
 Nate -- 2nd 
He's still as sweet as ever and I'm nervous 3rd grade is going to eat him alive.
 Sadie -- Kindergarten
Sassy McFunny Pants. Boy crazy.  Heaven help me.
 Luke -- Preschool
Only one more year. It's hard to imagine him being ready for school in a year.  He still seems so little to me.

To celebrate I woke early to get cinnamon rolls and bacon ready  for breakfast and then took one last morning to try and hurry the kids around the house so I could take a quick picture before they left for the day.  I had actually tried to talk them into let me pick them up early but they all wanted to stay for their class pizza parties/movies/games etc. Whatever.  I guess summer can wait (only it can't in Arizona, people, because it's already over 100 degrees).
I can't believe how much they've grown in 9 months.

We had some friends over for Luke, did some last minute shopping and went to swim lessons before the kids got home. Kristin had to jump into the pool fully clothed to save Charlotte.

For our afternoon celebration we went swimming at my very favorite friend Sara's house.  Actually Ellie went with her friends because she's all grown up that way.
After a relaxing afternoon, I drove Ellie and friends to a Skateland party and then picked up dinner for my kids because I had no energy to feed them myself only to find them all asleep in the back seat. Maybe that's why they didn't sleep in the next morning?

No comments: