layout

10/10/2013

Give Me a Break

October Break (which technically started in September) came at a perfect time. When it hit me, I wasn't ready for it, but I can't resist having my kids home with no commitments, so I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not sure if it's because I love my children so much or if I am super lazy.

The first week we spent hanging around playing with friends.  Our quick list of highlights:

* saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with our neighbors. It was pretty cute, but I mainly enjoyed it for the clever animal names. Luke loved the Cheese Spider.

* spent almost every day with friends and neighbors. I gave up cleaning the house.

 
* Extreme Air with the Christensen's. Wednesdays are half price, so it was a perfect distraction for the afternoon.

* Baby shower for my sweet friend Maren where we once again played Heavy Heavy Hangover. I have never heard of it before, but I am obsessed with it now.

* dinner at LGO where I fell in love with pretty much everything on the menu (because we literally ordered everything), but I've bee craving this dessert for weeks.-- a warm sea salt brownie with sea salt gelato on top.

* weddings and receptions. It always kills me that Dustin can legally marry people.
* conference weekend. Saturday night is always a potluck at the park while the dads go to Priesthood. And then my kids have sleepovers with their "cousins."
 

The big girls stayed up until 3 am and pulled a some pranks. Ellie actually didn't come home for 2 days.
 
Sunday morning is a brunch buffet that has morphed into dinner while the kids work on some project. 
 
This year it was a film about Prom. It was hilarious. Nate's official character was "cool guy," and there was lots of romance to be had. Then there was the a Teen Beach Movie costume contest.

*Austenland with girlfriends. Funniest movie I have seen in awhile.

 
* breakfast out with kids. My kids don't actually sleep in, so we like to go out for a nice early breakfast when no one else is around.  Unfortunately we also go with gym/bed head.

* dinner out with Dustin when he was in town for 18 hours. Since our schedule was so flexible I played taxi for Dustin and spent 4 days out of 5 either dropping off or picking him up at the airport.

* park days. My kids always cry Friday mornings when they hear Luke gets to go to playgroup. Fall break is the best because we spend hours on end outside.

* And then we headed up to BYU

No comments: