layout

10/26/2013

Nate's Party

It's pretty obvious that I was knee deep in Wanda Witch when I planned Nate's birthday party. I couldn't get rhyming clues out of my head, so we went with it.

There were a total of 10 different tasks that they had to complete along their Halloween Scavenger Hunt. We had 12 boys in total and I was completely exhausted by the time it was done. 
 
 I only let him invite boys that I have known and loved for years, so I didn't mind all the work and mess after it was all over.

Dustin took 6 boys and I took the other 6. I tried to get pictures, but you'll notice they're all blurry and they're all of Nate's team.

And now it’s time for you to get clean
If you’re not sure where, this room is green!
To move on you will have to jump and hop
Until an orange one with a clue, you pop.

 

 Popping balloons are actually one of my phobias, so it was with much love I suffered through this task.

Get ready to slide, jump and run
This obstacle course will be loads of fun
If on this quest your wish to succeed
Head down the street in order to proceed
 
Ellie had a fun obstacle course with laser beams, cobwebs,  spiders and she even shot silly string at them through the holes.
Head to the place where a witch makes her brew
You'll have to be brave to find your next clue.
Team members dig deep so each finds their part
Through eyeballs, guts and even toad heart.
 
 Nate was not thrilled about this one (it's gross tuff like peeled tomatoes in jell-o or olives in apple sauce) but once he got his hands in there it was his favorite part. A lot of boys liked it the most. They each got puzzle pieces that when put together had a clue written in hieroglyphics telling them to go out back for the Mummy Wrap.

 

You’ll be green with envy over the bolts in my neck.
I may have your clue; why don’t you come check?
Shoot me just once straight on the nose
And if you're that lucky, a clue I'll disclose.


 My sister made the awesome Frankenstein poster and the boy shad to shoot nerf bullets at him.

Some say I'm corny, but I'm also quite sweet.
Getting the next clue will surely be a treat!

Come to the Tyler's and eat till your sick
If your clue's not in the first cup that you pick.

 The Sadies ran this task for me. The boy shad to keep eating cups with candy corns until they found one with a clue on the bottom.

Find the room with "Wicked" on display
Hurry there now, and don't delay!
With eight hairy legs, I have spun.
Find eight of me, & your clue will be won. 

 They had to find 8 spiders I had hidden all over the room.



I’ve got a “bone” to pick with you.
Come dig around and get your next clue.
You’ll have to look deep in the sand
The ones with a paper will give you a hand.
 The boys had to dig for bones in the sand. The hand had their next clue.

Boil, boil, toil, and trouble.
Come get your next clue, on the double!
Out back there’s a pot for bobbing
Get two apples and you won't be sobbing
 
 I'm not sure why every pose had to be with guns??? This one was another favorite -- bobbing for apples.

When you find your next clue, I hope you’ll grin.
It’s inside a vegetable that can be lit from within.
Check out in the front for what I could be
Then dig around inside and don’t get slimy
(no picture for this one, they were running way too fast for me -- but it was basically digging in pumpkin guts to find the clue)

The ending spot is at something with a point:
It adorns a crone you won't want to disappoint.
She wears it atop her green face with warty nose,
So she's ready to fly whenever the wind blows.
Could your team be the Halloween hunt winner?
Hurry there now, so we can go and eat dinner!
Nate's team won. Hooray! The boys were all sweaty and gross and starving from running around so much. We ate pizza and cake and lots of orange foods. The end.

No comments: