layout

2/05/2014

Ode to Sadie

Sadie is the Star of the Week this week -- HOORAY!  This means there are lots of things I have to do, including a letter from home -- Uhhhhhh. . . 

The second I realized I had to write something about Sadie I started to panic. I am not the writer of the family, so naturally I called my sister and begged her to write something for me. Sadie had requested a funny story with her in it and since Kathleen is hilarious I thought it would take her no time at all.  Instead, she talked me into writing a poem myself. It's not perfect (I had about 30 minutes), but it's from my heart and I mean every word of it.


-->
How can I capture all that's special about Sadie?

We knew she would shine even as a sweet baby.

At the hospital, the nurses came to stand in awe

Of the deepest dimples they ever saw.



She loved to wink and suck her thumb

And learned to walk before she was one.

Next up were somersaults and then onto climbing.

She still only eats fruits and veggies when dinning.

I think you all know, she's creative and funny

That brown-eyed girl really gives us a run for our money!
One night, when everyone was sweeping the floors,
Sadie cut cucumbers and made a spa to get out of chores.

On her very first day at CTA Liberty school

She pulled a stick for breaking the "no talking" rule.

When I asked her why she wasn't being very kind,

Sadie replied, "Mrs. Wilson didn't seem to mind."

Never fear, she quickly learned how to obey
And now she stays on green each and every day.
Whatever she does, she gives it her best.

She reads third grade books and aces each AR test.

When she's not here at school, she’s got lots to do:

Drawing or creating and using all of my glue.

There's also piano, soccer and climbing up trees,

You might find her at cross fit or off on some skis.

In our family of six, Sadie is definitely unique.
For starters she thinks wearing shoes is for the weak.

Out of us all, she's the only one with blonde hair.

To be so gorgeous just doesn't seem fair!!!

When Sadie giggles or smiles, no one can frown,
And her squeezey bear hugs are world renown.

I may be biased but I think she’s the best

And with Sadie around, our family is blessed!
How could you not love this girl? 
Can you tell who my girls were rooting for in the Superbowl? 

At the end of the week she got a list of compliments from her classmates. I thought they were pretty thoughtful and spot on


 

No comments: