layout

10/19/2006

I think my kids are funny

Because the Primary Program is on Sunday, we have been playing the Primary music CD non-stop in our car. I just don't think it would look right if the Primary President's daughter didn't know all the songs. We've actually been playing the CD off and on for 6 months, but pretty much non-stop for the last two weeks, which means Ellie gets to hear each of the program songs at least twice a day. So today we're headed over to pick up Ashley for carpool and the song, "Dearest Children" is on. One of the refrains is, "Cherish virtue, cherish virtue, God will bless the pure in heart." Suddenly Ellie pipes up from the back, "Mom, why does it say Cherries Hurt You?" I couldn't help but laugh. Poor Ellie has probably been worried about that for months. And then of course I had to spend 5 minutes explaining exactly what "cherish" meant, which was easier to explain than the "virtue" discussion. Phew, I think we need easier words in the children's songs!

And Nate is also pretty funny too. I picked up my mail before heading out to get the girls from school. While we were waiting in the pick-up line, I started looking through all the magazines. In the back I can hear Nate begging, "Please, please." So I hand him back an Oreintal Trading Company catalog figuring he'd like to look at the toys. Nope. He's still straining in his car seat, "Please, please." After trying Pottery Barn and the ads, I try the Harry and David catalog. Sure enough, it's what he wanted. He looked at that thing the whole wait, the whole ride home, and even after we got back. All the time mumbling, "Mmmmmmm, berries" or "COOKIES!" So if any of you are wondering what to get Nate for Christmas this year, I believe he has picked out quite a nice wish list from Harry and David.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cherries may not hurt you, but milk products will if you are lactose intolerant. seriously a hilarious post, my dear. i laughing and tooting out loud! i love you, sistah.

Lisa said...

all i got to say is that nate has excellent taste!!

Anonymous said...

okay.....seriously hilarious.....both of them! LOL

Michelle said...

Harry and David? Boy's got some good taste! I'll be stopping by Bashas to pick up an apple for him for Christmas...thank you very much!

Unknown said...

I now know where to send the abundance of H&D catalogs I anticipate receiving between now and Dec 24th... ;)