layout

10/23/2006

The Party's Over

. . .And thank goodness for that! Well, let me rephrase that: The party's over until this weekend. I am convinced that October is the worst month of the year. It always seemed chocked full of stuff. I will, however, buck up and deal with it and enjoy it like all mothers should!

So I guess you can tell that our weekend was crazy. We were running from one activity to another, which is better than sitting around being bored. So here are a few high lights.

1. Primary Program practice -- Almost every child was there. I was so impressed! And they had their parts ready to go. Two hours was a little long for them though so by the end the Sunbeams were sprawled out on the floor, the CTRs were all asking, "When do we get our cookies?" and the Valiants were stone faced. But what else can you expect? They perked up when we went outisde to eat cookies and wait for parents.

2. Seeding our lawn -- While Ellie and I were at church, Dustin and Nate were helping set up for the Ward party that night and mentioned we were seeding our lawn that afternoon. Two of the Young Men were sweet enough to volunteer to come over and help. So we got the work done in half the time (OK, maybe the same amount of time because the boys were talking so much, but they were so darn cute). So now the kids get to chase birds and we get to enjoy the smell of manure. Mmmmmm.

3. The Ward Party -- So much fun. Dustin made DELICIOUS chili (even though it didn't win), I made corn bread (GASP! I cooked!), and I even got to be a judge in the pie contest. YUM! We put the kids in their matching pumpkin shirts (I told you every picture of my kids for the next 2 weeks would involve some sort of orange shirt) so we'd be able to spot them on the field and I'm glad I did. They were all over the place. Ellie got her face painted, went fishing, ate way too many sno cones and sticks of cotton candy. She also went on the 4 wheeler ride a few dozen times. One of the Grandpas in the Ward brought his 4 wheeler with these big hollowed out buckets attached to the back and took the kids around the field at the speed of light. Nate got to sit in his lap for a few turns, but I made him get off once the rides started getting wilder and wilder. He then headed over to play football with the Dustin and some other dads. Ellie spent the rest of her time jumping in the bouncer, eating more candy, trying to peek inside the haunted house (she refused to go in) and being freaked out by the Fear Factor booth. I got to sit and chat. WOO HOO! By the time we helped clean up it was 9:30. Luckily our kids were wired from all the sugar, so they were able to stay awake for a much needed bath. Unfortunately the paint from the face painting stained a little bit, so Ellie still looked a little funny Sunday.

4. The Primary Program -- So the kids were a little tired from all the partying the night before, but they did a great job. Almost every kid with a part was there, YEAY! And they did awesome. Only one little girl got stage fright, and Ellie did turn the microphone off in the middle of a talk (grrrrr, always the Primary President's daughter), but the kids were so sweet and the spirit was so strong. I was so impressed with them. Afterwards we celebrated by giving the kids MORE candy, because who doesn't want to be in a room with 70 hyped up kids?

5. Meetings -- And of course, it wouldn't be the longest weekend ever if I didn't spend over 6 hours in 3 different meetings on Sunday. Ward Council, Key Scouters and Stake Leadership. All on same day as the Primary Program. Luckily I was still hopped up on all the sugar and left over cookies, so I made it through until I got home at 9:30 last night.

So today I plan on spending the morning in our PJs (Nate is still asleep) and doing as little as possible. Ellie has dance and a birthday party or else I'd REALLY be lazy.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I LOVE that picture of them!!! Cute shirts! I want to see more Halloween shirts! Bring 'em on!

Your ward party sounds like so much fun. Next year, I am coming to yours. Not that ours sucks, but yours ROCKS!

Funny how fast October has gone. We knew this would happen. Remember this summer when we were complianing about how bored we were? Hahahahahaaa! (we were supposed to remind each other remember?) ;)

Lisa said...

i'm tired just reading your blog!! go take a nap!! :)

Anonymous said...

ok, wait! you are pregnant - in your last trimester!! - and i just figured it out tonight!!!???

well, congratulations!! :D