layout

10/03/2006

Happy thoughts

So usually I dread this time of year. It seems like things just go insane, but I've decided to embrace the craziness and I'm actually excited. It was Conference this weekend, so that meant NO PRIMARY! :) Not that I don't love the munchkins, but I like a little break now and then. Plus I got so much done. I turned up the volume on the TV and cleaned the house. I got my baseboards cleaned, everything dusted, blinds cleaned, tiles all hand cleaned, the fridge cleaned out, my kitchen cabniets and drawers cleaned and organized, wiped all the shelves in the pantry and re-organized that, did the kids' bathroom, a few loads of laundry, cleaned and conditioned the leather furniture. . . it's a disease I tell you!

And that was the beginning to all the hustle and bustle. I'm getting so excited for everything we have coming up. D turns the big 3-0 this month, Nate will be 2 (sniff sniff), Halloween, Fall Festival, the Primary Program. . . In November all of Dustin's family is coming out for a week and Ellie is so excited to see her cousins, plus Thanksgiving dinner, my birthday and decorating for Christmas (I am getting so excited to get the tree up and buy wrapping paper). . . In December my Aunt and Uncle are coming to visit, Christmas Eve (my favorite party of the year), Christmas, my sister coming to visit and then we'll top all of the fun off with a beautiful baby girl in January. I can hardly wait.

So here's hoping everyone else is as excited as me for all the fun ahead!! :) Come on, you all know you've got some fun things just around the corner.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So I guess the family finally got their packages?! ;)

You are seriously insane to do all that cleaning in one day (weekend?); are you sure you're not nesting already?

Regardless-congrats on all the accomplishments. I love this time of year and can't wait to get my hands into decorating the house tomorrow!

Lisa said...

PARTY=fun

cleaning=no fun

Anonymous said...

um, i think that you should have written something like, "MY FAVORITE PERSON IN THE WORLD, MY SISTER, IS COMING TO VISIT AND I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER BEAUTIFUL FACE AND HUG HER AND SPEND TIME WITH HER." or something

Kerry said...

WOw, Maddy it is scary how much you and your sister even sound alike...even in type!!! LOL!!!

It sure sounds like somebody is nesting! That is my favorite part of being pregnant! Gotta grab that feeling while you can. I used to really stress about keeping the egg container clean. Whatever. Pregnancy hormones don't make sense at all!

I love this time of year!!!