layout

11/09/2006

Ho ho ho


Beth's Starbucks cup post got me thinking about the holidays and how much I love them. I wish I could start celebrating Christmas in July. Dustin just doesn't get the fuss, however, so we compromise and do our decorating the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's one of those days that I look forward to all year. This year Dustin's family will be here for Thanksgiving, so my tradition isn't going to happen this year. I suggessted to Dustin that we should decorate the day after Halloween this year instead. He vetoed the idea and told me could wait until his family left which means DECEMBER! Gasp! How could I wait that long? I end up whinning Kerry about the whole situtation and plotting to secretly sneak Christmas decorations in one day at a time.

Fast forward a few weeks and it's two days after Halloween. I'm driving home from picking Ellie up and I notice something funny on my wreath. When I get out of the car, I realize it's a Christmas Ornament! Kerry had "Ho-ho-ho-ed" me! And so that is my one and only Christmas decoration up right now. I'm sure people are confused when they come by, but I feel like I've won a victory over my Scrooge of a husband.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

aaawwww...a ho for a ho from a ho.

and life has come full circle! hahahhahaa

Anonymous said...

why are your friends calling you a ho/ calling themseleves hoes?

Lisa said...

what michelle said...

Kerry said...

OK, I have to admit that what michelle said literally made me snort!! That was some sharp thinking there Michelle! Haha!!

Aw, I love your christmas decorating early. I still think you need to sneak some things out. He wouldn't notice a blue tree cookie jar would he? Or your wire card holder? If I send a christmas card, you NEED to be able to put it somewhere right??

Sneak it all in. Blame it on pregnancy hormones.

Anonymous said...

rofl!

you girls are crazy!!

Unknown said...

Omigosh- am I that used to holiday decorations that I didn't even notice your wreath or ornament yesterday? Does that make me an Oblivious Ho? ;)