layout

11/06/2006

Weekend Update

So Thursday morning I get a call from my Aunt and Uncle in Idaho. They’re on their way down, but they’re only staying until Saturday morning. This led to a frantic Thursday, mainly because I needed to wash and fold the 2 weeks of laundry piling up in my room. Seriously – how do we have that many loads of laundry sitting in baskets and still have closets full of clothes? Nate helped out by lounging on me with his 103 degree fever.

Friday was a whirlwind of fun. The kids loved the dog, Disney Princess (I’m not kidding that’s her name) and giving her treats. We played and played and played some more. My Aunt brought down my Grandma’s cedar chest for me filled with little goodies including a bunch of dresses that she and my mom wore when they were Ellie’s age. I’m completely sentimental, so I love that sort of thing. I made Ellie try on all the clothes. She loved the petticoats the most, followed by mom’s robe. Ellie also fit perfectly in the black velvet dress my mom wore, so Ellie’s wearing it for Christmas Eve. Kristine had one in a smaller size which I tried to get Nate to put on, but he wanted nothing to do with it (maybe there is hope afterall)! She also brought down my Grandma’s doll, which Ellie has named Mely. Mely now sleeps with her every night.

We also went to Joe’s for lunch, visited my Grandma’s brother and his family up in Mesa, Dustin took Dave to look at some property he was looking at buying, and we did Chino Bandito for dinner. By the end of the night my kids were WIPED out, but it was totally worth it.

Saturday I spent all morning at a Stake Meeting while Dustin cleaned the carpets. YEAY! Then that afternoon we headed out for a barbecue with some of Dustin’s mission companions. They were all sweet enough to switch to Saturday when we had to cancel for Friday. The barbecue was fun – all of the kids were the same age as ours (and all four wives were pregnant) so they did their own thing. Once again we wiped our kids out with no naps and a late bed time.

So you’d think I’d let the kids relax a little bit this morning. But nope, we went off shopping for winter shoes for Ellie and then I forced my kids to take pictures for our Christmas cards. UGH! What an ordeal. It always is, but at least last year I didn’t try to take the photos myself. I got them to sit still at the park for about 10 pictures. In half of those Nate isn’t looking at me and in the other half, Ellie is staring at the grass. So after coming home and trying to sweeten them up, I decided to put them in front of the door for one last attempt at anything halfway decent. It’s not amazing, but it will do. I put in the order at Costco because I can’t go through the torture again, so no mocking the picture unless you want to deal with my wrath!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

great pic of your kids!! i love it!

Anonymous said...

i think that ellie is more beautiful than that picture implies. also, kristine looks beautiful in that top picture. and ellie makes me cry a little bit because she is such a little darling. i love you!

p.s. thanks for taking that letter thing off, it is a huge help!

Kerry said...

That is a great picture Maddy!!! I love it! Plus, you know what, with three kids it will get even harder to get that 'idea' of a perfect picture. There is always one looking off or eyes closed. And you just can't go wrong with that pretty door. I swear the lighting there is awesome!

Unknown said...

Haha- but now you get to agonize again when picking out paper to coordinate with Nate's shirt! ;)

Yes- THANK YOU for getting rid of the word verification. Now if only Kerry would, too... ;)

Great photo!!