layout

11/01/2006

Halloween Hangover

I can't be the only one experiencing this. The kids are cranky, my house is trashed, and of course Joy School was here this morning. The day after. UGH! Nate has been searching for his pumpkin basket all morning. He still hasn't forgotten his stash of candy.

Last night was a BLAST! As always, we tried to pack too much into one night. We had a whole Halloween themed meal for dinner at our friends house. I brought the Wicthes Brew meatballs and Monster Eyes deviled eggs. There was also skull shaped pudding, blood punch with an ice cube hand, monster finger carrots, monster toe hot dogs (complete with red ketchup toe-nails), spider bread, intestine pasta, mashed potato ghosts. . . and I don't think the kids ate a bite of anything.

So after realizing we weren't going to get the kids to eat, we headed out trick-or-treating. Ellie is at such a fun age! She and the older kids ran everywhere and were so excited but still polite. Nate was adorable. At first he wasn't sure about the whole deal, but once he got the first candy bar in his pumpkin he was good to go. He walked the entire night. Just toddling along with his pumpkin. The big kids hit 2 houses for every one that Nate and the 2 year olds made it to, but they didn't care. I think the 2 year olds actually got more candy because they were so stinking cute. Everyone kept giving them more and more candy.

After over an HOUR of walking (please note the glazed over expression on the little ones' faces from pure exhaustion), we hurried back because we had to run over to another firends house to watch a Halloween movie -- during which the kids broke into their candy baskets. Always what you want to happen at 8:30 at night. We stayed there way too late, but it's only once a year right? So we now have waaaay too much candy and some badly taken pictures because I was too busy having fun. Luckily the kids got really yummy candy (lots of chocolate) so whenever I need a jolt I can just dip into that.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Maddy said,
"Everyone kept giving them more and more candy."

GUILTY AS CHARGED!

I so did that. And then when I was running really low on the good candy and had to break out the gum I still gave the little ones chocolate :) Is that bad??? hahhaa

One girl complained, "oh she gives out GUM" ALL bitter. I said, "I can take it back if you like" hahahah That cemented by "good candy for cute little kids" plan. :)

on another note,I love the pumpkin with legs bags you have. That's SO STINKIN cute!!!

Kerry said...

I love that picture of the tired toddlers!

It looks like you all had such a fun time! How can you not be a fan of halloween after a night like that?!?!?

The food looks yummy!

Lisa said...

i agree with kerry--halloween so totally rocks! your kids are delish--glad you had fun!