layout

11/17/2006

Totally random question

So I was thinking about my girlfriend, Shanna, who is getting married next week and I remembered something my mom taught me when I was little. She told me to never say or write, "Good Luck" to a newly married couple because it would insinuate that they needed luck. Congratulations was always more appropriate. Of course then I've heard the whole adage about "Congratulations" to the Groom and "Good Luck" to the bride. Am I making any sense?

Anyway, I was wondering if I was the only one who had heard of this and what you say. Anyone? Anyone?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I've heard that too. Well I guess I heard it "congrats" to the groom and "best wishes" to the bride.

like my pee brain needs another thing to keep straight! LOL

Kerry said...

Oh boy. I have a hard enough time with the PC stuff, now we have traditional things to think about? I'm with Michelle, too much to process and handle!

Aaaa!

I think I have always just said congratulations to both the bride and the groom.

Lisa said...

i think it should be congrats to the groom and good luck to the bride (with a concurrent eyeroll!)

Anonymous said...

It's congratualtions to the groom and best wishes to the bride! Love ya -- from someone with old lady taste!