layout

2/27/2007

This and that

Just a few things that have been have been going around in my head

  • I have the BEST friends. I know everyone says that, but it's true! I am so blessed. I am so lucky to have so many people checking in on me and volunteering to help with whatever I need.
  • Along those lines -- thanks to my FABO friend Beth who brought us dinner last night. Yummy chicken casserole, fluffy biscuts (Ellie's favorite), green beans (just discovered that Nate loves those things. He ate the entire can -- I am not looking forward to changing that diaper) and even dessert. It was definitely a bright spot in my day,
  • Ellie is now registered at FOUR schools for Kindergarten. I never realized how crazy picking a school would be. But I figure I've got a few months to decide where to send her.
  • I hate smoke detectors. A few months back, Nate's decided to malfunction and I ended up having to haul in the big old ladder. It was pretty comical since I was ENORMOUS and pregnant, so I could barely carry the thing, and Nate had to be my helper -- holding the doors open and such. Well last night around 2, Ellie's decided to starting beeping all night long. So I had to do the ladder thing all over again -- this time not pregnant, but very sleep deprived and irritated that my sleep time was cut an hour short. The amazing thing is -- Ellie slept through the entire thing. She didn't wake up with the beeping, me hauling a gigantic ladder into her room, the lights coming on (I couldn't figure out how to detatch the stinking thing). . . I've decided that 10 foot ceilings are over rated.
  • I will be taking a nap today -- the only person who better call between the hours of 2:30 and 4 is my husband!

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I also love reading people's blogs :). I completely empathisize with the smoke alarm thing, except your ordeal was a lot trickier than mine. I wish my kids slept that soundly :).

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoyed your nap - sounds like you have earned it!

Unknown said...

SO glad you enjoyed it!

And why is it that smoke detector batteries always die when people are sleeping? What's with that?