layout

5/02/2007

Beaney


I'm not sure if I've mentioned my Aunt Kristine on here before, but if I haven't you're missing out. She is my mom's sister and had always been one of those amazing Aunts. She remembers your birthday, buys hilarious presents, sends you goofy stuff in the mail, is always up for a new adventure, has thousands of ideas and projects, makes up songs, would do anything for you, shows off pictures of your kids. . . she's the life of the party and always keeps me entertained.

Classic Kristine story: When my parents lived in Thailand, my little sister was in Idaho with my Grandma and Aunt for the summer. She was going to fly home alone, but Kristien decided that it wasn't ok for her to do that, so a few days before, she buys a ticket to fly to Bangkok with her. But, she only has 3 days off work, so she has to fly right back home. So she spent all that money, took all that time to fly to Thailand, only to spend less that 24 hours there all because she loved my sister and didn't want her to be alone. *That* is the kind of Aunt she is -- crazy and devoted. I have millions of great Kristine memories, but I'll have to save them for another day because this blog entry has a point.



So, Kristine works at not one, not two, but THREE hospitals and she also is an adjunct professor at BYU, so she is insanely busy. This explains why most of the presents she sends us are from the hospital gift shop. It's always fun to get a package from Kristine because it is nothing you would ever expect -- like a jar full of 700 gum balls. Ellie's birthday package, however, must have been some sort of revenge for something bad I did as a child. She sent these great pink fuzzy cowboy boots. Nate loves those things and wears them anytime Ellie isn't wearing them to school. It's almost 100 degrees, those things are fur lined and she STILL insists on wearing them everywhere. We had to put in an order for another (preferably more masculine colored) pair. The other present -- foam disc guns. I'm now terrorized wherever I go. The kids couldn't be happier. And after all, isn't that an Aunt's job?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell how much I love my sister -- she is my best friend in the whole world! She has been there for me and you kids at each and every step! I don't how I could have stood sending you off to BYU or your brother off on a mission if it hadn't been for my wonderful sister. When God looked down on me he knew I needed someone to be my guardian angel and he sent me (us) my sister. I am so glad that she is there for me, you kids and most of all for my beautiful babies! Although this isn't much I just want to say Thanks Beaney for being my little sister! Love, Maddy's Mom

Lisa Brown said...

Lily had a foam disk gun, but loved playing with the disks all by themselves, until one of her cousins ate them all - crazy!

You are so lucky to have such an amazing aunt!!

Unknown said...

Poor Nate is going to be mortified as a teen when he sees all these photos you've publically shared. ;)

Aunt Kristine sounds like a very cool person!

Ammon said...

Pretty nifty boots ya got there! Seems like just the kind of thing that Carly would love!

Lisa said...

how fun to have such a great aunt!! nate is too cute!