layout

5/23/2007

Freaking Out

A few weeks ago, Nate had a birthday party to attend. Dustin wanted to take Ellie to the gym during the party, so he asked if I would take Sadie to the party with me. I said yes, as it was *suppose* to work perfectly with Sadie's schedule. Of course the kids woke her up an hour early and suddenly everything wasn't working out as perfectly as I had it planned in my head. In the middle of my spazz mode, Dustin tells me that I should always have a plan B in mind, so I don't get so stressed when everything doesn't work according to *MY* inital plans. I told him that I always have a plan B: Freaking Out.

I am slightly obsessive and organized and I like everything to fit into my little mold of the world. I'm sure all of you are sitting there laughing as you think about the tight schedule I keep poor little Sadie on (and Michelle's attempts to sabatoge that schedule). So yesterday was one of those days when nothing was working out like it should -- and then I couldn't find my driver's licence. I reached full freak out mode after about 30 minutes of looking for it. Dustin walks out of the office to find me surrounded by piles of laundry and bags on the floor of the laundry room. . .sobbing.

"Is this *just* about your licence?" he asks. Why yes! Yes it is! Seriously, why am I so obseesive that I can't let these little things slide? I need some help people. The good thing is -- you can order a duplicate on-line so I don't actually have to go the DMV. And Dustin found his lost wedding ring while looking for my licence. I can't figure out why I let such small things get to me. Am I the only one? Is there a 12 step program I can join? I need help!

The bright spot in the day -- the guest bathroom is now officially apple green.

7 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I feel your pain. I like to be in control of my little world, and when something silly and completely out of my control happens, it messes everything up. I find I can deal better with the big challenges, than the little changes. There is hope though - with enough patience and sleep (still waiting for that one) I think you can learn to be more easy going. But don't feel too bad, because you are definitely NOT the only one :).

Unknown said...

Oh, Maddy! If you only knew how much I can relate to you. I'm impressed that you even get out of the house. I got anxiety leaving the house when my children were infants. I also keep them on strict schedules as babies. I am here for you, sister! Oh, and did you say driver's liscense? That's wonderful:-) I'm proud of you! Lots of love to you from me.

The Tyler's said...

Cute bathroom! I am in the process of painting Sadie's room right now and I'm about to go crazy! Hopefully it will look as put together as your bathroom.

Kerry said...

I love 'divorce me green!' Seriously, the bathroom looks great! I still love my bright orange bathroom upstairs, and peek at it everytime I walk down the hall. I bet you'll do the same with this one. It's just so bright and cheery!

Sorry I'm no help on the stressing out thing. I'm in that same boat with you girlfriend. Plan B?? What in the heck is a plan B?!?!?!?

Ammon said...

Thank heavens I'm not alone! Do you freak out when your kids misplace a toy and you can't find it...even if it's a free toy from McDonald's? These are the things that keep me up at night!

Michelle said...

I'm not even gonna touch the crying over little things. That's been my life since Kate. :)

I came to tell you just how veeeerrrry much I love that bathroom. love love LOVE!!! Can I have it?? LOL

Unknown said...

I love the bathroom; the color looks great!!