layout

5/06/2007

Stuff I'm Stealing. . .

. . .from other people's blogs. Since a few of you have been slackers lately (not mentioning any names or anything, but pretty much all of you), I'v been clicking on your links to read your friends' blogs (is that weird? I don't know these people, but I'm reading them anyway -- strange? I hope not). Anyway, while surfing around, I've found some super cute stuff that I plan on stealing and I thought I'd share.

1) stolen from Lynette's husband's blog -- our book club book! We finally finished that lame-o one someone suggested for last month and moved on to something new. I saw Ammon's book review on his blog and now we're reading it for book club -- The Alchemist. So thanks Ammon! (That also means I've updated my top links -- woo hoo! I should be doing those every month once we get a new book).

BTW, I now have a copy of The Millionaire Women Next Door if anyone wants it -- for free of course. It wasn't my type of book, but some of the girls loved it.


2) stolen from a friend of Jill's -- She's Got it All. Super cute decorating ideas and cute cute stuff. I'm in love with a bunch of stuff on the site, but especially the domed pastry stands. I think I need them. Plus we all know I'm a sucker for Christmas decor. (sorry about the broken link, it works now)



3)stolen from Michelle's friend Angie -- the picture thing she did for her living room. Love it (so ali of me). I have high hopes to get D to do it for me and then hang it on the mondo wall with Families are Forever over it. So glad Angie has a blog so I can steal her cute ideas.

4) stolen from who knows where -- Layers bathing suits. SOOO cute.

5) Stolen from Lisa -- recording my kids' conversations. The other day Ellie was in the car talking about going to Kindergarten next year (AKK! Only 2 1/2 more months) and was wondering what came after K. . . one thing lead to another and the next thing I know she's asking me what people learn in college. I explained that college is where you go to learn what you want to do for a job for the rest of your life.
Ellie:I want to go to college to be a princess. Do a lot of people go to college to learn to be a princess?
Me: Not really sweetie.
Ellie: Well, I want to go learn to be a Princess. (long silent pause) Yeah, a Princess, or maybe a Fairy.


And a quick weekend recap since I know you all are DYING to know -- play dates, lunch out with friends, hair cuts for the kids, pedicures for me and a friend, birthday party for Nate's friend (he got to go without his sisters -- woo hoo), swimming, grocery shopping, house cleaning, church and naps for everyone. I got to lead the music today since our Chorister was released last Sunday and no one was called yet. I love leading the music. I'm pretty sure I'll never get to do it as a calling since I have no musical ability, so I have to jump at the chance when I can.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

hey ellie--don't let your mom deter you from being a princess!!! that is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Very fun discoveries Maddy!!!!

The Tyler's said...

ok couple of things. I think playing the piano makes you musicaly talented. So don't say you are not and you were fabulous as the chorister and I'm sure you will do it someday! Next thing is, don't you love She's got it all website. suzanne is a good friend of mine and I'm so proud of her. I have those domes you posted so if you ever want to barrow them that's cool. But they are a fun thing to own.

Anonymous said...

You can come be my chorister any day!! I have never seen you lead music, but it has got to be better than me when I fill in. Plus, I remember your enthusiasm and fun personality - which are the keys to being a good chorister :). Maybe your bishop would let you switch jobs - he he!!

Ammon said...

You're so funny! I love looking at links to blogs of people that I don't even remotely know...I feel like a non-perverted peeping Tom!

Anonymous said...

Feel free to steal from my blog anytime. How do you like the Alchemist so far?