layout

5/29/2007

What's Shakin'

Well it's that time of year. . . we've just been busy with all the end of year stuff. Ellie is officially done with Pre School. WOO HOO! And today was our last little Joy School party. Tomorrow is the official start of the summer -- Summer Movies.

We had a great long weekend, ending with swimming and a BBQ at our friend's house. It was so much fun and a little chaotic since there were 15 small children running around the house, but still relaxing. Please note the massive amount of children in the picture. I was pretty sure we were never going to get them all fed and happy at the same time.

In other news. . . Ellie's teeth. Ellie was involved in a little accident at the play area of the gym where her two front teeth were popped up into her gums. The picture is after she visited our Dentist (who was sweet enough to stay open after hours so Ellie could come in). She was super brave and let him pop her teeth back in socket. poor thing was so bloddy and swollen. We're hoping the teeth aren't dead, but it's not looking too good. It's been 4 days and they are still loose. She's on an all liquid diet (since she can't bite) and it is killing her. The other day she saw me brushing my teeth and started crying. "I wish I could brush my teeth." "I wish I could eat carrots." Things you never think you'll hear form your 5 year old.

I'm also unsuccessfully potty training Nate. I thought it would be easier since it's summer and we have more opportunities to be home all day, but that kid can hold his bladder like none other. He'll sit on the potty, run around in underwear, but when it's time to pee, he insists on putting on a diaper. So I think we're going to put that on the back burner for awhile.

Sadie is as sweet as ever. No huge new things there. Still a horrible napper, but I've gotten over it. She'll figure it out someday -- I hope. She's found her feet and loves to shriek -- so I always know when she's awake because she'll be jabbering away to herself. In the picture she has her beautiful knit blanket from my mom. She enjoys chewing on it -- thanks mom!

Speaking of jabbering -- I hear her now.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww- poor Ellie. The good news is, she's not too young to have lost her front teeth. She'll just take a little while longer to grow the new ones in. I hope they don't hurt her for too much longer!

Michelle said...

Oh I'm woozy just thinking about the teeth. Poor thing. But like Beth said, at least she's got some spares coming...someday :)

Good call on the potty training. It's hardly worth it sometimes huh?!

Sadie...ahh...sadie. I'll still take her if you're looking :)

Lisa Brown said...

Poor Ellie! My sister Holly lost her two front teeth when she was 4 by hitting them on my brothers head. She had a toothless grin for quite a while.

Your potty training story brings back memories of last year - it was awful. Lily would just stand next to the potty and pee on the floor. Hey, but when she was ready, she was ready - and a little motivation of having to earn tv and computer games by going on the potty didn't hurt either :).

laura said...

holy moly - i am sitting with michelle feeling woozy on the teeth. poor, poor baby!!

love the thomas underwear - we have a few of those. ah, potty training - isn't it special? :P

love that little sadie - she looks just delicious! :)

Jamie said...

Poor Ellie, that must have been so traumatic for her. :( Getting your teeth popped back into the socket doesn't sound like much fun.

Good luck w/ the potty training I bet you'd love to be down to just one in diapers. And Sadie is so cute. She's getting so big already.

Janel said...

Boys are the worst to potty train. Its like they just don't care. He'll figure it out someday. I'm so sad for Ellie's teeth, that is too bad. She will look so grown up without front teeth.

Kerry said...

I love that picture with all the kids! Ellie looks a little stressed out though, like there is just too much chaos for her. ;)

OK, and I'm another one feeling woozy. Poor girl.

Did you get my email about pictures?

Casey said...

Love the pictures! Hope Ellie has moved on to solid food by now. Such a cute family!

Lisa said...

poor ellie! teeth problems suck! she looks cute though! so does sadie!! have fun on the toilet training--those are good times!