layout

5/19/2007

It's been awhile

So it's been over a week. My sunburn is gone (although I'm peeling from it), Susan had her baby (8 lbs 9 oz and they named him Porter) and two of my great friends had birthdays (Happy Birthday Michelle and Shanna). So I've been busy celebrating all these important events in my friend's lives. I've just had too much fun decorating yards and holding a brand new baby boy.

This week, my sister and I also figured out how to video chat and it has been so much fun. Probably more fun for my sister and parents who got to watch the kids run around and be crazy, but my kids love to put on a show. My kids will probably sit at dinner one night and ask incredulously, "But what did you do before video chat?" One night my parents called and I asked who wanted to talk to Grandma and Papa. Nate ran to the computer. When I told him they were on the phone, he looked disgusted. Like how ghetto was I for thinking he would be happy with just the phone. And Ellie asked me yesterday, "When are we going to video chat with Lola today?" So glad "video chat" is aprt of you every day vocabulary now!

Another joy I've discovered this week -- school shopping. Ellie's school has a uniform policy -- meant to stifle creativity I'm sure, but I have slowly discovered the joy of finding clothing that fits the uniform code AND is cute at the same time. I found Ellie two pairs of adorable bermuda shorts, on sale, and I haven't stopped talking about them since. I even made her try them on for my family in video chat!

Then to top an already fun week off, we went to the splash park with all our friends yesterday, then I got to scrap with some of my funniest friends last night, and tonight is our Stake Fair. I get to face paint. WOO HOO! And to top all of your weeks off -- some adorable pictures of my kiddos, because I know that's what you're here for anyway! Oh yeah, I'm also painting the kids' bathroom -- apple green! I love it.




9 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

It's good to see you post :). It sounds like you have been having too much fun. I have got to learn more about the whole video chat thing - it would be so fun since we live so far away from all of our family.

Unknown said...

Since I heard all of this in person last night (so fun!), I'll just say, "CUTE KIDS!" :)

Lisa said...

i love nates response to talking on the phone! like "how 2006!"

they are too freakin' cute!

Anonymous said...

We love the video chatting -- can't believe the webcam goes back to w-burg in the morning! I am so sad :(..... Guess we're back to the phone for now! But we can always see our beautiful babies on the blog ;D

Love you all! Baba

The Tyler's said...

Stop it right now with the cutest dimples ever!!! (That is Sadie's of course)

Anonymous said...

adorable as usual. call me anytime tomorrow please! love your fav sister

Janel said...

I go the hugest smile from your little Sadie the other day....It was so precious! I LOVE LOVE the apple green. Now I wanna paint, dangit!

BTW I tagged you on my blog :D

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Has Dustin always been that cute or is it that special glow of Fatherhood in that picture? LOL Just teasin!

Ammon said...

Can you please slow down so the rest of us can catch up?! You might be the busiest person I know!