layout

9/04/2007

Home Again!


This weekend, Sadie and I flew out to Virginia to surprise my sister. She's getting married in December and I wanted to come out and help with a few wedding things, plus she has never met Sadie. We definitely surprised her. My dad met her at the door with Sadie and she asked whose baby that was. My dad lied and told her it was some one from their Ward's baby and then I popped out. All of sudden she started screaming and jumping up and down. Of course then I started screaming and jumping up and down. And then we made Sadie cry.

Friday we just played with Sadie the rest of the day, went to the bridal store so I could see Kathleen in her wedding dress, and stayed up till midnight so I could attempt to keep Sadie on Arizona time. That plan failed miserably in case you were wondering.

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Nate and Ellie stayed at my girlfriend's house Thursday night and late Friday until Daddy got back in town.

Saturday we met with the wedding planner and finalized the menu and color scheme, looked at flowers, tried on the wedding dress again, got sized and ordered the bridesmaid's dresses, and found my mom a dress to wear to the wedding. My dad graciously sacrificed the joy he gets out of planning a wedding to stay home and take care of Sadie. What a guy!

Meanwhile back at the ranch: The kids slept in, got the car serviced, went to the grocery store and the gym, had donuts for breakfast, ice cream as a snack and McDonalds for dinner. It sounds like a rough life doesn't it? How will they ever survive if I go away again?


Sunday we went to church and vegged a little after the big day we had on Saturday and then my sister had to head back to Williamsburg.

After she left, we drove down to DC and walked around the FDR memorial and then took the walk around the basin over to the Jefferson Memorial. The weather was perfect and the memorials were practically empty, so we could really enjoy them. Of course Sadie was really impressed that we took her so many cool places. I just know it. I think her first sentence may be, "We hold these truths to be self evident. . ."

Meanwhile back at the ranch: Our college friends the Casabars were in town and I missed it! I am so bummed. They came over for dinner and the kids all played together. Their little girl Bria is Ellie's age and then they have two boys who sandwich Nate, so I guess they had a great time. I am seriously sad that I didn't get to see them.


Monday we went into Alexandria. I love that place. I want my parents to sell their house and move there because I think it would be so fun! For lunch we ate at this yummy Lebanese place and Sadie loved the hummus. I'm sure she's going to develop some sort of chick pea allergy from being exposed so young, but she was so cute eating the pita and hummus.

Our flight left at 6 and wouldn't you know, Sadie did not sleep for the entire 5 hours we were on that stinking plane. Little booger! Luckily she did play happily the whole time. I seriously thought she would zonk from the lack of sleep this weekend, but apparently that girl is the energizer bunny. If there is something new to see or do, she just keeps going and going. We finally got home around 9 last night and went straight to bed. I am exhausted!


Today I had planned on taking it easy and getting Sadie back on schedule, but Ellie received her Principal Award this morning, so I had to be at school by 8 am, all dressed and everything. So now I am home, Sadie is napping and I'm in need of some serious vegging.

Hope everyone had as much fun as I did this weekend!

8 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun!! You and your sister look a lot alike. What a great trip, and it was probably really nice to only worry about one child instead of three :). I still have never been to DC. I need to go while we are still on this side of the country and can drive.

Chelsea said...

What a fun weekend! I am so glad you got to go be apart of the wedding planning in person. Sadie is adorable as ever!!! And way to go Ellie getting awards already! Hope you got a nap in today!

Ammon said...

Veg-out little lady! I think I need a nap after just reading all you did!

Lisa said...

i am glad you had a great weekend!!!

Janel said...

That looks like SO much fun! I wish I could go surprise someone! Who, I don't know, but it seems like a really cool thing to do. :D

The Tyler's said...

Wait a sec! Is that the sis. who's hair I fixed? I'm not sure how many sisters you have.
Looks like a fun trip!

Unknown said...

What a busy, fun weekend! Glad you had a good time! :)

laura said...

sounds like you had so much fun! you and your sister are so cute! :)