layout

9/17/2007

Same old thing


Yup -- the kids were sick this weekend. Ellie missed Friday with what ended up being Strep and Nate has Bronchiolitis. The good news is -- they're both on antibiotics, so we're not contagious. No running the other direction if you see us.

Of course I had a great day on Friday -- even with the kids hacking away. My girlfriend Lisa was down from Prescott to scrap and we went to the Euro Cafe for lunch. Everything at that place is good, but Lisa ordered the best appetizer! French fries and feta cheese. Oh my gosh -- it was so good. Next time you go there, you have to try it. And being the only other LDS liberal I know, we had great conversation. Thanks for going out with me Lisa! That night I scrapped with my girls. And I use the word scrap liberally. I managed to scrap 2 pages in between shopping, eating and talking. And I think I accomplished the most out of eevryone.

While I was out having fun, Dustin was stuck at home providing TLC for the little ones. He is such an awesome husband. I almost stayed home Friday night, but he told me to go out and have fun. What a sweetie. So now I have no idea how much medicine the kids need and when because Dustin did such an awesome job this weekend. Isn't it suppose to be the other way around?

Now we're off to pick up pizza for dinner and FHE with friends. Happy Monday

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

What a great husband! I have had times like that, when Kevin had to push me out the door because i felt guilyty for leaving for some reason or other, and I was always glad I went. Quality time away makes us happier, and in turn makes us better moms - right ;)?

Chelsea said...

Sickness is everywhere I turn these days! I am praying Carter doesn't get it. Now I know what you meant by your comment about antibiotics on my post. I was confused, and then here is the explanation! I am sooo sorry you guys are dealing with this all. Are you giving Nate breathing treatments? I LOVE those! I swear it helps them so much. It gives my kids the hyper phsyco moments but I will take that over a drawn out chest problem.
Ellie's picture looks way too happy to be sick! :)
Way to have you time. So necessary in life to be a good mom!

Lisa said...

i am still fondly remembering our lunch! and i will have you know that i finished one page, decorated the cover of an album, filled 2 photo frames, cut out 9 birthday invitations and started 2 pages!

The Tyler's said...

Sorrry the kids have been sick. That bites!
Noah said you guys were car shopping this weekend. Did you get a new car?!!

Unknown said...

My sister use to take me to the Euro Cafe! It is really good. Fun times for you guys.

Oh and we've always know how awesome Dustin is ;p We miss you guys!