layout

1/21/2008

My computer power cord had a meltdown -- a real meltdown. The cord melted and the wires were severed. So I was computer-less for a few days, but I got so much done. Here are the highlights for each member of the family (not including myself because I think I'm the only person who finds doing 7 loads of laundry, cleaning out the office, mopping the floor, running and all that jazz exciting:

Dustin has had his whole group in town for training last week and they voted on the "Rockstar Award." Dustin actually won the first ever "Rockstar Award", which came with a crystal statue, last quarter. He then told me he was going to be really mad if they next Rockstar Award recipient got something cooler than a crystal statue.

So fast forward to this quarter's award and he won it again! This time they up-ed the award and added on an iTouch. It is so much fun. I've already spent too many hours wasting away on that thing. He totally deserves the recognition for his hard work! I am so proud of him. I told him not to hold his breath for next quarter because there is no way he's going to win it three times in a row. And if he does, I'm seriously worried about the rest of his team.

I got to meet the whole group at a dinner party which was fun. I never get to be the trophy wife, but Thursday I was. Maybe because most of them had never met a Mormon housewife before. I think they were all expecting me to show up in sweats and cherrios in my hair, so the fact that I was dressed and had things to talk about made me quite the novelty.

Ellie got her first love note. His name is Lorenzo. I've actually met him a few times at Stake events and he and Ellie always run around together, but when she came home with a little love note from him I couldn't stop laughing. It was a note card with a heart drawn on one side. Then he wrote: Ellie this is a pitcher, on the back. The picture is of her wearing a fancy dress and a crown. Then he signed his name at the bottom. I asked her if she though he had a crush on her. She said, " I KNOW he has a crush on me. He said, 'Ellie, I have a crush on you.'" The she told me that she thought she was his girlie poo.

I told her that she was way too young to be anyone's girlie poo. Hopefully she'll grasp that!

Nate ended up with his first bad cough of the season. A little tribute to my AMAZING friend Kerry who brought me some albuterol since I was running low. I love that girl!

So a few sleepless nights and a little throw up and we're all over it. He sounds awful but the Doctor told me he isn't contagious so I've been taking him places. I feel like I have to tell everyone that I got the Doctor's OK.

We're still not caught up on sleep. How do I convince that kid that he can nap longer than an hour and that he doesn't need to wake up at 5 am anymore? I guess he loved his few mornings of laying in the living room and watching the DVR with me. Sorry bud -- you're not sick anymore!

Friday we celebrated Sadie's first birthday! It's really hard for me to believe it was a year ago that she was born. She is such a great addition to our family and I just love having her around so much, that I can't imagine my life without her. I'll have to do some sappy blog post about her this week.

After her trip to the doctor, 7 shots, and an anemia test, I was surprised she was even happy during her party, but she had a great time.

It was very last minute, so if you didn't get an invite and are offended -- don't be! I invited a few friends on Monday, but when Nate got sick, I stopped inviting people until I had the all clear from the doctor. By the time we got home, I was too lazy to call and invite more people.

So yes -- very low key party. Pizza and drinks from Costco, plain old paper plates, and Costco lemon cake and ice cream for dessert. The kids ran wild and I literally had toys -- and juice -- scattered from the bedrooms to the dinning room. I think they had a good time.

The adults ended up playing Guitar Hero in the living room -- which I was HORRIBLE at. The first time I played I had a good excuse -- Cade Lamb was trying to teach me. This time I had no excuses. I just sucked!

Sadie stayed up for the whole thing -- which ended around 1o at night. She LOVED guitar hero and just sat there and danced, when she wasn't following the other kids around. She also got lots of cute gifts even though I said no gifts. Heck, we didn't even get her anything.

Lots of books and clothes, and some baby Crocs from my parents, so they will all be put to good use. Her little crocs are the tiniest things I've ever seen, but so cute! She always steals my dads when we're in Virginia, so I guess they thought she should have some of her own.

Happy Birthday baby!

16 comments:

Molly said...

Hey I didn't get to see her Crocs, baby crocs are the sweetest things in the world! We had a ton of fun, and I think the reason you weren't quite as good at Guitar Hero as you could have been, is because you didn't get your full body moving with the beat, that really helps!

Lara Neves said...

I can't get over the girlie poo statement...that is cracking me up.

Happy Birthday to Sadie!

Lara Neves said...

I can't get over the girlie poo statement...that is cracking me up.

Happy Birthday to Sadie!

Nielsen Family said...

Whow lots going on...
Keep on posting...love to read your blog! You are so cool!

Ammon said...

I was wondering what happened to you! Lucky Ellie, poor Nate, and Happy Birthday Sadie-poo! :)

Meredith said...

I hear Molly was great at Guitar hero - any pictures?

And I guess WE are in the category of "didn't get an invite" since we got invited "if" it was going to happen with Nate being sick and all and since I got no call...I am now totally deeply offended...especially since I talked to you friday about dance! At least I got a courtesy thank you call today. :P hehehe...

Janel said...

That iTouch looks so cool!! I can't believe Sadie is 1 either, that is crazy! If you ever want to practice your guitar hero skills, you know where to come!

Kerry said...

Costco lemon cake?!?!? I bring you albuterol and I missed out on the lemon cake?!?!? ;)

That story about Ellie is adorable. :)

Poor Nate. My little guy looks that sad tonight too. Only we don't have the cool fishy attachment. I still have all of the sterile kits from when we've been in the hospital. I'm such a collector! Haha! But the fish is pretty dang cool.

Happy Birthday Sadie! - and congratulations to Dustin! That is a cool award! It sounds like everybody had a great week except you and Nate. :(

Noah said...

First of all, I am totally jelous of Dustin's I touch. I would LOVE one, but so do not need one.
Second, I am a little sad that Sadie is one already. She is the cutest baby ever, and don't want her to grow up. That is the worst part of having babies...they have to grow up!

Ann said...

Way to go, Dustin!!! Doesn't it just feel so good when the hard work and dedication you see in your husband is acknowledged by others? I'm sure you were the perfect trophy wife!

Lisa said...

i bet next year the award will be a buick! dustin is a shoo-in!

Chelsea said...

Way to go Dustin!! Hard working husbands deserve trophies. I think I may need to make one for Cody since he works alone. He will be jealous of the itouch.
Ellie and her crush... how priceless is that! I love it!
Poor Nate. Does he get really wound up when he does his albuterol after awhile? I swear my kids grow horns after a few days. Perhaps it's because I make them use every last drop and I add the pulmicort steroid. LOVE those days!! Thank goodness here with the humidity we haven't been to bad this winter. I probably just jinxed myself. And I too keep all my hospital and doctors free ones. I had no idea they had cool fish ones! I need to check in to this!
I am offended. You said not to be...but I am very very very offended. I would have come. :) I do love you...but not that expensively, or hourly. :) So happy birthday to Miss Sadie. I love love love baby crocs. In your sappy post to her please have her wearing her crocs.
And as for you...cleaning and being nuts is fun to do, fun to do, fun to do...keep singing...it helps me when I really know it is not so fun! :)
Okay...I think I got the whole post covered. Heaven forbid my comment be shorter than the post itself! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone else needs an award, huh Mommy??
I love the way that you express yourself in your blog, because I can see your expressions and animation, in my mind, as you relate your events and anecdotes.
Happy Birthday, Sadie! Congratulations, Dustin!
Always remember your first crush, Ellie!
I'm glad that you feel better, Nate!
Keep on keepin' on, Maddy!
Kaelene

Anonymous said...

i'm happy ellie is wearing school uniform colors in her love letter. smooth, lorenzo.

that is the saddest picture of nate i have seen in my entire life. what the heck, maddy? that looks pretty serious.

and sadie... i could eat her.

love, lola

p.s. you are the perfect trophy wife!

Unknown said...

Hooray for Dustin! He is a very hard worker so that is very exciting. I know B-Gus would be very jealous of his new toy.

I love the story about Ellie's love letter. Around our house, Wilson is the one that writes the love letters. He has a little girl friend too that he runs around with. Pretty cute ;D

Lisa Brown said...

I suck at Guitar Hero too. Kevin even had me do it inthe practice mode where it takes you step by step. It's all good - I guess we can't be amazing at everything - he he! And i am still cracking up over Ellie's love letter :).