layout

1/04/2008

The Wedding

As most of you know, my baby sister got married last weekend. I'm going to force you all to look at pictures and then you'll probably have to look at them again in a few weeks when the photographer gets his professional ones up. But for now. . .

A really cold day at the DC Temple. Of course it only got colder, so I guess it could be considered a nice day for the dead of Winter. Ellie was so brave to take her jacket off. I'm so proud of her because I kept mine on!!! Sadie is eating my necklace.

It was a fun wedding, but I am so glad it's OVER! I woke up at 5 am (that's VA time, so 3 am my time) the day of the wedding and finally got into bed around midnight. The next morning we all slept until around 10 and stayed in our PJs all day. OK, back to the pictures:

You know you're a good sister when you agree to be a bridesmaid after 8 years of marriage and 3 kids when all the other bridesmaids are still in college. I liked going to the dress fitting because the seamstress thought I was the bride. Ha ha!
After the wedding and pictures, we went back to my brother's In-law's where they graciously fed us and let the kids run around until they collapsed. Poor Nate was not ready to get dressed again after his nap.
Aww, aren't they cute? Her dress was gorgeous. I kind of want to get married again.

My awesome gag gift. A few years ago we were all over at our Uncle Floyd's house and he asked her to grate some cheese. She had no idea what a cheese grater was, so Dustin bought her one as a joke. . . which we never sent. Pays off though, because 2 years later we had a HILARIOUS wedding present. Don't worry we got them something nice to go along with it!

My brother has two little boys who sandwich Ellie. Zach -- the one on the left -- is 6 months older and Matt is a whole year younger than Ellie. Believe it or not he is bigger than both of them. I have a hard time remembering he's only 4.

Sadie and Ali. Sadie is 6 weeks older. Can you see that they're holding hands? So sweet!
Sadie really loved the cheese and bacon wrapped breadsticks.
The "hurry up and have children" picture. I'm just kidding! WAIT!

I have some more, but I'm sure the photographer did better justice to the cake and couple than I did, so I'll leave it at that.

13 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Beautiful!

I wanted to get married again when I saw my niece's dress last year. Mine is so dated now...:)

Cody said...

What a beautiful bride and family! I put my jacket on looking at how freezing it looks. I am sooooo not a winter person.

Cody said...

Ahhh man...this is Chelsea in Cody's name. Sorry! :)

Janel said...

Awwww, I love weddings! Except when I have to do too much of the work! LOL I love that pic of you and Sadie....Is she wearing a FUR??? That is just precious!!!!

Ammon said...

I want to get married again too! There are so many things I wish I had done. Plus, I'm in need of some new household items. Is there such a thing as a "10 Year Anniversary party: please bring gifts because all of the stuff from our wedding is getting old."?
They should start having those.

Meredith said...

Lynette, I don't know you, but my sister Molly and I have been saying we needed to give each other 10 year replacement/bridal shower gifts - all the stuff we need to update! I just had my 10th...where's my cool gift?

Maddie - looks great! Everyone looks amazing. Beautiful dresses - the kiddos are darling!

Ammon said...

Here, here Meredith!

laura said...

dang - those are some seriously cute kid pictures! :) you look pretty smokin' hot, too! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Her dress is gorgeous - and hey, kudos on being thought you were the bride :). That is awesome. And I have thought many times I wanted to get married again just to experience a different wedding dress, and I really loved mine. It is the inner princess in all of us who just need to have a ball gown or something - he he!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL wedding photos -- and darling children to go along with them! I'm just glad it wasn't snowing on you, at the temple!
Kaelene

Lisa said...

those are great pictures! you all look adorable.

Unknown said...

Those are some really nice pictures. You all look very glamorous. I love the colors, dresses, hair, and everything!

Nielsen Family said...

Nah! That is not your little sis... She is so grown up and all... I still remember her as a little girl ...
Do you have her address?