layout

1/02/2008

Quick Christmas Pictures -- not too many details

I didn't have time to crop or edit any of these so forgive the fact that the subjects may be farther away than necessary.
Christmas Eve with friends per tradition. Ellie was Mary and Nate was Joseph.

Opening the PJs that Santa left. Even Sadie got in on the action.

The PJs. If you didn't hear the PJ debacle of 2007, count yourself lucky. I loved the ones I ended up with, so I guess it was worth it.

Sadie's favortie toy -- the bouncing Zebra

Nate when he would still pose for pictures. He eventually got so fed up with us yelling at him to smile for the camera that he started protesting and shouting, "CHEESE" with a really hideous face.

See how perky I am in the morning ;p

Santa's theme for Ellie was High School Musical -- HSM underwear, barbies, books, jewelry. . . even a Gabriella and Troy pillow for her bed. We got her an easel which she LOVES, but I gave up taking pictures by the end of the TWO HOURS it took us to open presents.

Nate's theme from Santa was Cars and we got him Better Batter Baseball. Thrilling, I know. Other than that he got a LOT of trains.

My faves: A memo board I've been wanting for years and a super cute new purse.
I have one more HILARIOUS story to share. Christmas Eve, about 5 minutes before we were leaving, someone knocks at our door. I was trying to figure out who would be out that late when I opened my door to see the one and only CHELSEA PACE. In her hands -- a Christmas card. I just about died laughing. It was so stinking funny. She also had a little gift for us -- 41 cents. So I had to take a picture and update my Christmas card photo below to make sure the Pace boys got their moment of fame. Thanks Chelsea. I love the card and I love your sense of humor even more.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a TROY doll on the floor?!?!? And a Sharpay toothbrush?!?! I wish santa brought me HSM stuff! I'm super jealous!!

I love the jammies!!! It was worth the whole deal just for that cute picture.

Where is the picture of your new board?

Anonymous said...

anon = kerry. It wouldn't let me sign in for some reason. Grr.

Lisa Brown said...

I love the first picture with the tree and all the presents! It really makes you feel that Christmas magic. So glad you had a great holiday :).

Anonymous said...

Can I just say, I love that your kids suck their thumbs. Chelsea did that and I think it's adorable. I know it's not good, but it's cute.
We can talk about my orthodontist bill another time. That wasn't so cute. But I melt when I see kids sucking their thumb.

Chelsea said...

I don't know Molove but she must be talking about me, Chelsea. Yes..I sucked all too long and I wish you paid for the ortho bills Molove. I count my blessings everyday my kids didn't pick up on it even though it is sooo cute when they are LITTLE..not 9 like some "Chelsea's" I know. :)

So I loved your Christmas recap. So glad you are back in action on the blog. We got home today and am so not in the mood to clean up our mess (hence me blogging when I should be working). But it must be done.
Thanks for the blog dedicated to me. And thanks for reposting a new pic just for my boys 5 minutes of fame. I loved seeing you even though it was for 3 minutes. Your the best. Glad you had a merry christmas. :)

Chelsea said...

Oh and I was sooo excited to see my Roger's Christmas card waiting for me in my little mailbox. It was so cute as I knew it would be. Thanks!! :) Perhaps this spring you can start working on my cards too?!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your back! I love your Christmas pictures, jammies and all. How funny that it was still dark. I know how that goes! I want to be a kid again, especially in your family! Happy New Year!

Ammon said...

2 hours! That's amazing. Carly unwrapped all of her presents (and Wesley's) in about 20 minutes. But then again, Santa doesn't wrap presents at our house. Looks like you had a merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Meredith said...

Holy mountain of presents batman! And to think we took 8 suitcases of gifts to Oregon. Now, how about the wedding?

Holly said...

How come you look so good in the morning? Do you have makeup on...or is that just natural beauty??? Your kids are so good to participate in playing Mary and Joseph. We may try that next year!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Molly said...

So fun! Yah, that is definitely the motherload of presents, geesh! I definitely love the kids P.J.'s, they are perfect. We had so much fun with you guys Christmas morning, so relaxing!

Lara Neves said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time! Bria's theme was HSM, too. And not just from Santa, or us. Finally, she said, WHY is everyone giving me High School Musical stuff? I said because she loves it, and she said she did, but how did everybody even know?

Love your girls' PJs this year. Wasn't super fond of ours, oh well. Chloe adores hers, so I guess it's all good.

Sara said...

The picture of the kids in front of the tree is my favorite! They look so darling. And they love each other.

(Sometimes we struggle with that between our girls.)

Thanks for sharing your Christmas! And your nativity costumes are perfect; I don't know what you're talking about!

Molly said...

Maddy- You NEED to email me or call me ASAP re: Saturday. Thanks! Molly

laura said...

i love that your kids have christmas themes! that is a rocking good idea! :)

happy new year, maddy!