layout

1/14/2008

One hundred days!

Ellie is all ready for the 1ooth day of school on Wednesday-- can believe it's already here? I guess the 1ooth day collection is a big deal around here and you have to be super creative and "display" your collection in some way. Ellie goes to over-achiever school or something. . . Anyway, I didn't want to be the slacker, so I asked all my friends for creative ideas or what they had seen before and loved. Some of the ideas were 1oo gold fish in a gold fish bowl, 1oo chocolate chips in some cookies, anything glued in the shape of 1oo. Turns out Ellie didn't like any of the ideas so I asked her what she wanted to do. In the end she came up with 1oo beads made into a necklace and bracelet.

This morning I spent an hour at Micheal's trying to find beads "fancy" and "pretty" enough for her, without breaking the bank for a silly project. An hour of waffling back and forth and coming up with $9 of stuff, I head out to the cash register. On the way I run by the $1 section and guess what they have? $1 bead kits. I kid you not. Why did I just waste an hour? I got 3 so Ellie would have some variety and she loved them. We had so much fun!!! I thought the little beads would be hard for her to thread, but now I know why they make little Chinese children work in sweat shops. She did it all by herself. All I had to do was put the fastenings on the end.

And below you'll find Sadie"pretending" to like her crib. We tried to move her into it and she protested by screaming all night until we put her back in the port-a-crib. She's better sleep in that because I just bought that bedding! Maybe we'll try again this summer.

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a cute necklace on each of the girls! So fun! My favorite: Ellie's 2 CTR rings just in case she goes to do something naughty with the one hand, the other will see it! I love the new bedding. Good luck....

Unknown said...

I cannot believe we're already at 100 days! Erin's supposed to dress up like she's 100 years old on Wednesday. Um- not gonna happen. ;) Maybe I'll buy her some bead kits to make a 100 beaded necklace, too. She already brought in her bags of stuff last week...

Ammon said...

How cute is she? And, do I spy 2 CTR rings?

Meredith said...

I have totally had that sort of thing happen where you spend an hour 100 day was fun last year - I might have to post about last year's experience - it is not as big of deal in first grade - just bring 100 snacks (100 cheerios, etc.) Last year Lindsay brought 100 Cheetos.

Lisa said...

were the $1 beads tainted in any way? ;)

Maddy said...

I hadn't even noticed the 2 CTR rings. You guys are good! She's been wearing them since her new Primary teachers have been telling them to wear them on Sundays.

Mer -- Ellie is bringing in 1oo pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch since she begged me to buy it as a special treat and has only it eaten it once. So we have a big old bag and no one eats it.

Lisa -- I think one of them had a weird bubble coming out of it, and a few didn't have the holes completely open. . . but other than that ;p

The Tyler's said...

What a great idea Ellie!! I love the neclace and bracelet.
I don't know how Sadie could not like that adorable crib! At least she has a matching outfit and headband to wear in it.

Janel said...

Well Dayton slept in a port a crib till he was over 2....so see you have plenty of time to move her! LOL And hey, her crib will stay gorgeous and unsoiled this way! LOL

Sheesh I almost forgot about the 100th day....I am SO uncreative. One year I tried to make a 3-D snowman out of 100 marshmallows.....HAHAHHAHAHAHA that was a total disaster. It turned into marshmallow toothpick mountain. Once I saw someone fill in a big pair of posterboard lips with Hershey Kisses, that was so cute but my boys won't ever go for it.

Anonymous said...

She's such a cute girl . . . and so independent to decide what she wants to take for the 100th day!

Have you heard "Tainted Love" recently?? I used to love that song . . . until recently! :P
Kaelene

Anonymous said...

She really is doing a great job "pretending" but notice she's employing every, single comfort measure she knows. Sucking her thumb, touching her ear, looking at you longingly.

Either that or it's get this gigantic flower off my head or I'll really lose my shizz.

Ann said...

100th day of school already! Can you believe it? Last year for Ben's project he wanted to do 100 paper airplanes and attach them to a hanger you know like an airplane hangar. No amount of talking would convince him that it was WAY too much work. So it was our FHE project for that week...100 little paper airplanes. It was crazy, but fun!
I love her necklace and bracelet...at least it's something she can use when the fun is all over.

Lisa Brown said...

It is such pretty bedding too!! Kids are so funny about their beds. Lily loves her new bed and quilt, but would really prefer to sleep on the couch if I would let her. I just don't understand.

jacque said...

100th Day of school really is a big deal around here! I like the bead idea, plus she can have fun with it after the fact. Alexa had to take in some stuff to count and have a trail mix with. She was so excited about today. She really thought is was a holiday and asked if we got to come in to her class and if Skye had the day off of work! Silly!

Amy F. said...

Go Ellie! What a creative girl. And Sadie, how can you not love that adorable bedding your Mom got for you?! Hopefully she'll give in soon!

Anonymous said...

time for new pics! Love ya!