layout

1/13/2008

Slacker checking in

<--- Sunday afternoon at our house.

Sorry I haven't been around much -- not that any of you were dying for an update. I'm quite sure your lives are perfectly fine without my mundane day to day routine.

I've just been settling back after vacation and it stinks. I miss all the fun activities and not being tied to any routines. Plus, we were so busy everyday that I never got the actual "break" part of vacation, so I'm worn out from trying to get everything done that I put off for "after vacation." I did have a ton of fun at my friend Shanna's shower that we threw for her -- 1st boy out of 5 girls, balloon-ing Lisa for her birthday, and the Primary Activity on Saturday went really well. So the weekend still held some fun!

Driving home from school the other day, a car tried to come over into my lane, so I swerved a little bit and said, "GEEEEEZ!" Ellie then asked what happened, so I told her someone wasn't watching and tried to run us over. "Oh! You should definitely get over then, mom. And then make sure you honk really loud." I don't know where she got that from, I never honk ;p

Also, this was Nate's first week as a Sunbeam. He kept falling off the chair during the end of Sharing Time and laying right in the middle of the floor. Finally I took him to the back of the room and told him that if he wanted to sit with his class, he needed to sit and fold his arms. His response: "But my butt hurts." Maybe by the end of the year he'll be able to sit still!

11 comments:

Lara Neves said...

So now we know the truth: The Sunbeams need the nice padded chairs WAY more than the Relief Society does. :)

Kerry said...

Hey, I never thought about that with the chairs. That doesn't seem fair. ;)

The other night was so much fun!!!

Ammon said...

Sometimes my butt hurts too, Nate. Hope you get some well deserved rest this week!

Meredith said...

Sunbeams in primary when you are in the presidency is the worst! I spent all of last year peeling Caroline off of me while I was doing sharing time lessons. At one point, my secretary and one counselor all had sunbeams - (several presidency configurations ago..) and it was a nightmare!

Chelsea said...

Hurray for little Sunbeams! :) My butt hurts every week too on those tiny chairs!
Yes we all love your mundane daily updates. You and your kids crack me up even if it is just little tidbits about driving skills and what not! :)

Unknown said...

After driving around with you Friday night, I recommend letting Dustin handle Ellie's driving lessons when the time comes. Really. ;)

swampbaby said...

What is it with the falling off the chair and then remaining on the floor where everyone has to step over you?? I've had that many times. And hiding under the mobile chalkboard, and the stacks of unused chairs, and... the list goes on and on. I just hope that by the time I'm not in there that my kids will behave somewhat.

Holly said...

Do you know what I think of when I picture you driving??? The SCARY moment in the church parking lot on girl's night at Union Square! That was such a funny night! You were backing out of a parking spot, and you weren't looking where you were going! We all made it home safely...thanks to a bunch of backseat drivers!!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to Nate . . . poor guy! My niece who just moved on to Sunbeams is having a hard time, too! I guess change is hard at any age!
Kaelene

Nicole said...

I love that comment about Nate's butt.... how cute!! Maybe you should bring him one of those donut pillows, then maybe he'd be a little more comfy.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh Nate - how funny! Ou new Sunbeams were SO wild!! Well, 2 of the 8 are wild, but the other ones feed off of their energy :).