layout

8/12/2008

Backfire

You know how your sitting around, the kids are coloring, you're ironing/canning/sewing/making dinner or possibly checking your e-mail and suddenly something totally random pops out of your kid's mouth and you wonder where it even came from? So that happened today

Ellie: Mom, guess what color I'm going to make everyone wear at my wedding.
my head: What the heck? That is so random. Aren't you coloring a picture of fireworks right now?

Me: I have no idea. You tell me.
Ellie: No. Just guess.
Me: Pink?
Ellie: No. Keep guessing.
Me: Red?
My head: I'll kill myself is she says red. Am I ever going to be able to guess this? What if she learned about some crazy color at school today. Or even worse, she's read a crazy name on one of those crayons.
Ellie: No.
Me: Orange?
Ellie: No. Just tell me when you want to stop guessing.
Me: Yellow?
My head: Good thing she has no idea what ROYGBIV means
Ellie: YES!
Me: WOW! I really like that color. What a good choice.

My head: Yellow is actually a really great color. Light yellow will look great with white. When she's a bridezilla at 21, I'm going to force the color yellow on her because a. I like it and b. it's a choice she won't have to make and then all the drama is all over. In fact, I should get her to commit to as many things as possible right now and tell her that she planned her wedding when she was 6 and there's no changing it now.

Me: Ellie how much do you think your wedding dress should cost?

This is so easy! She thinks her collection of coins is enough to buy her a new pair of shoes. She thinks $5 makes her rich!

Ellie: Free
Shoot! She'll never find a dress for free.
Me: Well, it will probably cost some amount of money. How much should I plan to save?
Ellie: Hmmmmm, probably three-thousand.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT did she just say?

Me: Three thousand DOLLARS?
Ellie: Or maybe more.

So yeah, never mind pre-planning the wedding stuff.

11 comments:

Kathleen said...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAH! RPFLMAO PIMP!

Love ya!

Kathleen said...

gee wiz you're slow.

Mamacita said...

With inflation, by the time she's old enough to marry three thousand will look good!
You're so funny! Ellie, yellow is a beautiful color.

Heather said...

Oh WOW! That's great! So funny and cute!

Rach said...

That's too funny!!

Kaelene said...

I love it . . . she's a planner girl, just like mom! That's a good thing! If she starts saving now, she might be able to get $3000 in interest alone, in the next 15 years!
What DOES "ROYGBIV" mean??

Lara Neves said...

That is hilarious! I think you should hope for the free dress.

Chelsea said...

ROYGBIV made me laugh!
This post alone makes me count my many blessing I only have boys!!!

Amy F. said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. Ellie, Ellie...

Nicole said...

thats sooo funny! I love how diiferent boys and girls are Corbin would NEVER be thinking about getting married let alone what he's gonna wear! I can't wait to have those conversations with Lexi!

Burwell's Bits said...

Love it. Andy tells Riley she can't get married until she is 30. You might want to try working that one on her. Good luck and happy saving.