layout

8/03/2008

Hair today. . .

Gone tomorrow.

So you should all know by now that I am such a huge control freak that of course I ended up taking Ellie for her haircut myself. She told the hair dresser how short he wanted it, but then when it was all cut she almost started crying because she didn't like it. Luckily, after the blow out she was much happier and went bouncing away.
Then I took her, and Lindsay-lou, over to Peter Piper Pizza to meet up with a bunch of girls from our Ward who all got to the same school. Becky took them all as a first-week-of-school celebration. Nicest.Mom.EVER!And then since your DYING to know what we did for the rest of the weekend, I'm SURE.. . .

Saturday Dustin went out at midnight to pick me up a copy of Breaking Dawn. In the morning he helped our AWESOME new neighbors move in, cleaned the church building, took the kids grocery shopping and cooked steak and mashed potatoes for dinner.

I read Breaking Dawn.

In my defense I was slightly more productive than that -- I also planned Sharing Time, got stuff typed out for our Teacher meeting tonight, did Ellie's star of the week poster for school, cleaned up Sadie's throw up, had a girl's night at Rickie's where we were very industrious/crafty. . . but for the most part -- I read Breaking Dawn. I felt like a slug compared to Dustin.

Anyone else spend all Saturday reading?

18 comments:

Anita said...

I was at our stinkin ward campout, so I didnt' get the book until Saturday night. I managed to read a good 150 pgs before church on Sunnday:) So far, so good.

Danika said...

Hi Maddy,
Just found your blog linked to Meredith's...very cute! I'm so glad Ellie & Brandon are in the same class this year. Don't you dare post any Breaking Dawn spoilers! PS - if you're interested, you can read my blog - it's linked to Meredith's also.
Danika

Kerry said...

Uh oh. I'm out of the loop. What is Breaking Dawn? I expect a scathing email telling me all about it. BTW, check yours. GOSH.

Kerry said...

Oh and I almost forgot... I LOVE Ellie's hair!!

Kaelene said...

I didn't realize that Kerry had moved to Mars . . . HELLOOOOOO! What's "Breaking Dawn"???
I haven't been able to pick it up yet . . . I'm WAAAAAAAAY excited to do so, though!
Ellie's hair is darling!

Meredith said...

The hair is cute - and I am so glad you guys had a productive Saturday. I think we finally accomplished the goal we had in mind! We really do need to figure out how to get into your ward - Hardly anyone goes to our school in my ward...and it is INSIDE our ward boundaries! Maybe we can come and park Steve's fancy new car on one of the vacant lots and live in the car!

jacque said...

Looks like your ward is the place to be for little girls! Can we be adopted in--Alexa only has boys in her class? :) I love Ellie's hair too! I have to admit, I didn't realize this was the weekend of Breaking Dawn--Gasp! I will have to get on that!

Casey said...

I love Ellie's hair!! I too bought Breaking Dawn but I don't know where I'm going to find the time to read it - no spoilers!

Chelsea said...

LOVED Breaking Dawn. Did you burn yours? Ellie's hair turned out super cute!!

Unknown said...

I soooo went at midnight and got my very own copy of Breaking Dawn. I am almost finished reading it. Those darn kids keep getting in the way :D (just kidding). It's so thrilling and I'm loving it! Jacob or Edward fan??

Rach said...

Yes, I have to admit that I spent the weekend reading Breaking Dawn. LOVED it!! Today I have to catch up on all the things I didn't do this weekend.

Cecily said...

Cute hair and pictures! And thanks for the link to the neat-o hair blog. We love it!

AZ Hey-mon said...

her hair turned out super cute.That hair blog is great. Seriously, I think they have a blog for everything now. And you get extra points for cleaning up throw up.

Brenda Janda said...

Loving the book. I had to steal it from Morgan. We are fighting over it. HEHE Ellie's hair if very cute!!!

Molly said...

I love Ellie's hair, very cute! It looks like the girls all had a fun time. What did you make at your crafting night?

Nielsen Family said...

I haven't been blogging for awhile...
lots to catch up for sure.
Hey I have a question... where are you in AZ? Might be there in Jan.
Take care

Janel said...

I finished Breaking Dawn.....It was good! . I can't wait to hear what you think!

Rogers said...

Hey i know we are not on your friends list but your blog is so cute we couldnt resist looking... :)! Alex and me went and got the book at midnight and kept fighiting over it! Go look at our blog... rogers@blogspot.com Dori