layout

8/01/2008

Where did the week go?

I am still in shock that it's the weekend already. Bad news: I have a lot of junk to be done before Sunday and I haven't even started. Good news: Breaking Dawn. I've read a few spoilers on-line and if any of them are true, I'm going to burn the book when I'm done. Also, I'm not sure my "good news" is really going to aid in me completing my bad news."

So here's a few things we've been up to this week.

Ellie is getting her hair cut after school today. I'm letting Dustin take her, but I'm sort of freaking out over how short it may come back. I was so sick of spending all morning doing her hair only to show up at pick up time and it would all be undone and scuzzy looking. The conversation would go like this:

Me: Ellie! What happened to your braids/pigtails/ponytail/clips?
Ellie: It was too hot for braids/pigtails/ponytail/clips?

So I talked her into chopping it to her shoulders. Of course last night I was showing her this cute hair blog and she actually let me practice a few hairstyles on her. Even better -- she picked a hairstyle out for this morning.After we were done this morning I got so sad at the thought of seeing it all go, so I suddenly tried to talk her into keeping it. Am I crazy? She reassured me that it would grow back.

Nate had swimming lessons this week and he is such a little swimmer now. I'm so impressed that he went from no swimming lessons EVER to being able to swim and even come up for air in there. YEAY NATE! He also had a Speech evaluation today. Don't hold your breath -- I have to wait 2 weeks for the results. He's such a little smarty pants -- developmentally he's doing great, it's just the speech part.

Sadie's new word is "awesome." I love it. Nothing is cuter than an 18 month old telling you that something is "awesome." The other day I'm doing dishes and the kids are in the play room playing when out of the corner of my eye I see a figure. I scream and turn to find this Little booger! Climbing up on the counter stools is no longer enough. She will climb up to get food or just to hang out with me.And there you go! Hopefully I'll have some hair cutting pictures soon! Who's running out to buy Breaking Dawn tomorrow?

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh my gosh. so much to comment on.

1. you did SUCH a great job on ellie's hair! seriously, you should be proud of yourself. also it makes her look so much younger!!!
2. nate looks like a PILL in that picture, but i love it. is that my soul sister's girl with boy haircut in the back?
3. sadie is the CUTEST thing ever. she is so stylish!!


i miss yoU!! call me.. on pinky. sylvia is still MIA.

Kerry said...

I seriously love you. I am one of the most hair challenged moms in the world. I can do a mean ponytail or pigtails on a creative day! So thanks to you and your Ellie story, I spent about an hour looking at that girl's blog!!!!

Megan is going to love me! Although I'm going to practice at night on her American Girl doll first. ;)

Make sure you update on Nate's speech. We went through that, and it's amazing what therapists can do.

LMAO at Sadie. There's something about that third child. Hold on... she reminds me a lot of Matthew. Hahaha! Evil laugh. Sorry. ;)

Check your email. Geeze woman!

Meredith said...

Those hair blogs...my girls love them! I have done that one on Lindsay (when we were in Oregon) it was hard with her length but it still kinda worked! And today I went all out with Caroline's - I will need to post a picture. It was totally flipped and looked like Utah Valley hair! It was cute.

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, I would be freaking out too. I love Lily's long hair, and I don't know if I could part with it. She will look adorable though, and maybe she will realize that it is "too hot for short hair" - he he! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Chelsea said...

I love looking at that hair blog. There are a few others I look at too. I think it brings me back to a happy state of mind of being the kid with "bubble hair" as we called it and a zillion braids and what nots going on. Good thing I don't have girls. But, it makes me laugh that she thinks it is too hot for a braid or hair thing, yet she will let it hang down? Ugh...hate hot hair.
Sadie sounds as crazy as Cash. There always has to be a dangerous one.
And Congrats Nate on swimming!!! And as for speech...HURRAY!! Hope you get your eval back soon. I agree with Kerry. It is a miracle what those people can do.
Breaking Dawn is going to be at Walmart in 17 minutes. CAN"T WAIT!!! Happy reading!

Brenda Janda said...

OK Maddie, Got the book,Midnight Barnes and Noble, I am exhausted. Morgan insists he reads it first. HEHE I started 3 over since it was so long ago. He promises he will finish today. We will have to get together after to talk about it. I love Sadie!!! Nate is great, bring him to swim sometime with Kyle that would be fun. Him and Courtney are still home until Wednesday. Hair blog? What's that? Ellie will look adorable no matter. I broke down and Courtney and I went to Fantastic Sam's since Janel is gone. Bad idea, now I gotta do something with Courtney's. See ya at church.

Brenda Janda said...

OK Maddie, Got the book,Midnight Barnes and Noble, I am exhausted. Morgan insists he reads it first. HEHE I started 3 over since it was so long ago. He promises he will finish today. We will have to get together after to talk about it. I love Sadie!!! Nate is great, bring him to swim sometime with Kyle that would be fun. Him and Courtney are still home until Wednesday. Hair blog? What's that? Ellie will look adorable no matter. I broke down and Courtney and I went to Fantastic Sam's since Janel is gone. Bad idea, now I gotta do something with Courtney's. See ya at church.