layout

8/22/2008

Hi Mom!

Well it's been a week. Not a bad week. Just a busy week. I've been running around and in my spare time, I've been watching the Olympics instead of getting on the computer. And so here I am today only because my mom is the Queen of Guilt Trips. In case you missed her little gem in my comments section:

Ok -- so I love looking at my grandkids! I come home from a hard days work every night and hope to see new pictures of MY GRANDKIDS!!!
And what do I see evey night -- the same adorable pictures I have been looking at for over a week! I need new pictures. I have taken to looking all your friends blogs -- in hope I will get a glimps of my grandkids on someone else's blog. And BTW to all of you out there linked to this blog -- you have adorable kids and I am enjoying your stories and pictures! I'm sure you all blog more often so your mothers can see their grandchildren.

So how many Mormon grandmothers does it take to oooh and ahhh over the new pictures of Maddy's kids? ----- None, I'll just sit here and go over the old pictures! Love you! M's Mom
I, however, enjoyed reading about everyone's ESPRIT bags! I've figured out a way to unite the women of the world. Although Cecily was obviously spoiled because she had 3 or 4 of them.

Anyway, onto the pictures of the kids! The other day I walked out from doing laundry to Sadie telling me her baby was stinky. Then she went and got out all of the diaper changing supplies. Then she looked at me like I was suppose to change it. Well, I'm pretty nice, but I'm not even going to start changing one more diaper than I have to.

Sadie is also going through a hunger strike. I think she's protesting the poor judging at the Olympics. She used to at least eat fruit for me, but since we ran out of bananas she has completely quit eating until about 4 pm when she stands at the pantry and screams. Or when we are at other people's homes. Then she will eat everything they offer her so people think that I am a huge mooch and also starving her.

The one thing I love about Sadie is that she thinks she is the same age as Ellie. If it were up to Sadie, she would sleep with Ellie every night. Last night Ellie asked me to put curlers in her hair. Sadie then started taking curlers to Dustin and insisting he put them in her hair. I finished up the project, but she looked pretty darn cute. Too bad she pulled all but 3 of them out of her hair in the middle of the night. She ended up with 3 little curls on one half of her head. It's a look.

Nate started speech this week and he can make the sound for "k." It's a miracle! He can't use it in a word yet -- like "car" is still "tar", but he's doing a good job saying it and we're working hard on helping him use it at the end of a word. Like "bike."

Monday he starts pre-school. I am so excited for him. Miss Becky was Ellie's first pre-school teacher, so I'm excited to continue the tradition. Don't forget he dresses himself! Long sleeves in August was not my idea.

I'm really excited for all the kids in his class too! Out of the 7 other kids in his class, 6 are kids of my friends and neighbors. It is going to be such a fun year. That's Jackson, Nate's first friend and one of his best friends. Susan and I forced them on each other when they were about a year old and Ellie and Ethan were in Pre-school at Becky's.

Ellie is doing really well at school. I get nervous at the beginning of the year, but she has settled in well and is really excelling. I'd give details, but I don't want to be a bragger. Let's just say I'm so lucky to have such a great girl and leave it at that.

She's definitely getting older. She has started wearing bracelets to school everyday and they have to be different. She changes her earring every night and last weekend we had our first sleep over that turned into a 26 hour-over.

The weekend should be fun. We're off to play Rock Band tonight and then Dustin has his Fantasy Football draft tomorrow night, so I'm having another FF widow over for dinner and for the kids to play. I should mention that Dustin suggested this when we were out at breakfast with them. I then looked at him and said, "Dustin will be making us dinner before he leaves." Oh and catch up on everyone's blogs.

Love, Maddy and the kids

16 comments:

jacque said...

I love good ol' pink curlers. I remember my hair would be like Shirley Temple every Sunday because of them. Glad to witness Sadie's ravenous eating at friend's houses today--long live the chocolate face!

Lara Neves said...

Loving the curlers, and a tiny bit jealous of them, since my girls will not let me use them. Chloe and Sophie don't really need me to, since they have naturally curly hair. But Bria....she just doesn't let me touch her hair. Sigh.

Your mom's comment is awesome.

Meredith said...

Don't short change your generosity...it was more like a 27 hour sleepover! I would have loved to see Sadie's half curled head. And, I was quite thrilled to hear the "K" sound - he better get it down before he gets to CTA!

PS - Your mom is the BEST! Another guilt trip from me...at least you have your mom around to guilt you! But a lesson learned about guilt from my mom...no one can make you feel guilty. Guilt is an emotion created entirely on your own. Like, feeling guilty for neglecting to blog about your darling children whilst you vegetate in front of the television watching Olympic Badminton. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Thank you -- I love the new pix of the Grandkids!

Now this Mormon Granny doesn't have to cry in the dark!

Love you! M's Mom

Lisa said...

i'm so glad you made your mom happy. i mean--she's a democrat after all! what more do you need? she can adopt me and i will shower her with grandchildren pics!!!

Lisa said...

and i will take sadie off your hands. that girl is the cutest thing i've ever seen. right after all 6 of my children! ha ha

Molly said...

Cute pictures! We are so proud of Nate and I am sure he will love preschool! Sadie is so sweet, I love the little diaper changing station.

Thanks for coming over last night, Rock band was so fun! We only stayed up until 12:30 but Zac was up all freaking night! We are deinitely regressing here...

Lisa Brown said...

He he! Still laughing about your mom's comment :). My dad used to call me to remember to post, but know that he and my mom are back from their missions, i don't think he even looks at my blog :). And don't you just love sponge rollers? So fun!

Rach said...

I'm glad you're back!! You're Mom's post cracked me up!! I love the picture of Sadie with curlers in her hair, she is adorable.

Nicole said...

I too love the curlers! What's ur trick, because about 15 min. after I take them out of Lexi's hair, it is flat again :( do u put anything in her hair before the rollers??
also Lexi just made the "p" sound a few days ago so I hear your enjoyment over Nate's "c" sound!!!! Yeah for Nate!!!!

ASHLEY said...

I LOVE your mom's commentary ALMOST as much as I myself love the new updates and pics. Hahahahahahaha I like Nate's haircut...I'm assuming he got it cut? All the kids are tres adorable! I always get excited about your new posts. As you can see, it's my Saturday night activity ;)

PS - I love the term "Fantasy Football Widow." You should make a facebook group out of it!

Mamacita said...

Your mom is hilarious! She sure is using her grandma card to request pics at least once a week. My mom can't even remember how to get on my blog its so infrequent!
Love the pink curlers. My girls were wearing them when I got home tonight!

Cecily said...

I have NEVER in all my life(the only daughter with four brothers and one of just a few grandaughters) been called "spoiled" or "daddy's girl" for that matter! (he he he ho ho ho ha ha ha :)

And I hope you don't mind me bragging on Ellie. Matt has been teaching Gifted kids for 8 years now and I have only herd him say this about a handfull of kids but one night he came home from a Pack meeting that Ellie was at and he said they were talking about something that Ellie was just all over. She knew like every answer and the ones she didn't know she was coming up with the answer on her own. He said "Ellie Rogers is a sharp little girl". Belive me that means more then what it says. And he would probably kill me for telling you on your blog. Shhhhhh everyone.

Kaelene said...

Now we all know where you got your sense of humor from, huh Maddy?? She makes me laugh!
Cute kid pics, as usual!

Kathleen said...

does that tube say "butt paste?" you are SO odd.

Chelsea said...

Kathleen don't knock the butt paste. That stuff is amazing. I am actually one of the customer appreciation people on their website thank you very much. I am famous.
Wow...that seemed hostile. It was meant in good publicity efforts, really.
Your mom is hilarious. How come I never commented on this? I think I read it on Google reader and never clicked over. How dare I miss a post. And hurray for speach and preschool for Nate. He is so cute. I love that he still has that young little guy look. So sweet. Next words I want him to work on to practice his C's: Carter, Cash, Chelsea, Cody. Deal?