layout

9/03/2008

For posterity

I'm not especially "proud" of these moments, but for posterity's sake, I'd like to remember them.
Sadie trying to pick her nose while wearing the coveted pink tutu. That same night she showed us that she had mastered the "I refuse to eat dinner" pout.
Ellie did her hair for church again this week. No meetings before church for me this week, so I may just get her to church with some normal looking hair.
And last but not least -- the coup de grace -- Nate pretending to be asleep, as I tell Ellie about how he PEED ON HIS SISTER!!!

TRUE STORY! I was on the phone and the kids were playing outside when Nate comes inside and tells me he peed on Sadie. Nate thinks the word "underwear" is the funniest word in the whole word, so I figured it was just a joke. Then Sadie comes in the house and I can smell that she is poopy, so I go to pick her up and the back of the girl's shirt is WET! I look at it a little bit closer and discover that there are a few splotches back there. Suddenly Nate's conversation comes flooding back.

"NATE! Did you pee on your sister?"
"Yes."

AHHHHHHHHHH! Luckily Karen was on the other end of the line laughing hysterically, so I did not freak out, but instead almost started laughing myself. I think it was comical because ironically we had been having a conversation earlier about different odd places that kids pee and I had proudly exclaimed that Nate only peed in the toilet or on the rocks, but never in a cup or anything disgusting like that. I think peeing on your sister trumps any other horrific places and boy did I have a good sit down with Nate about peeing on people. I think it went something like this, "It's SO SO SO SO SOOOOO GROSS!" Maybe a few more "gross"s and a few more "so"s. Plus I think I asked him he would like it if I peed on him. Then a conversation about all the places it it appropriate to pee. Toilet? Yes. People? No.

And so, sweet sister -- I dare you to say my blog is boring now.

19 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

That is so funny and yet so horrifying at the same time. I can just imagine how you must have felt when you realized he was serious - he he! Little boy adventures are so interesting, and I am so nervous as to what I have ahead of me with Derek.

Kathleen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I LOVE YOU. SERIOUSLY.

Kathleen said...

can i tell you i have read this story maybe two hundred times in the past hour!! i cannot stop laughing. this is my favorite nate story ever. and my favorite blog post of all time on anyone's blog!

Chelsea said...

And you are inviting us all over tomorrow to play?? Should I bring back up clothes? :)

ASHLEY said...

I second Kathleen's comment from above. THIS IS HILARIOUS. This is the story you have to tell his fiancee in a very public place. I love the pout too.

So when Sadie has whatever kind of bug bite when she's older that you have to pee on to relieve the pain, and someone pees on her, she will be able to say it is not the first time someone's peed on her. hahahahahaha love it.

except - kathleen don't be hard on yourself: your stories are HIGHLARIOUS too.

My consensus: most wonderfully hysterically entertaining family ever. your Aunt Kristine needs to write a song about this!

Brenda Janda said...

Maddie I hae a stopry to tell you but if I post it here I promise I will get a huge silent treatment from a teen in my house. Just remember it's a boy thing. LOL

Lara Neves said...

Oh my gosh! Hilarious!

It totally trumps my story of Bria peeing in the toybox while she was asleep. :)

Burwell's Bits said...

Oh my. Do we really want to know what goes through their little heads? Don't let him watch Survival Man or whatever that show is called. It may give him other ideas. At least he knows how to take the sting out after getting caught up with a jelly fish.

Holly said...

So yeah...what's up with boys? In the last couple days Colton has peed in his pants twice, on the pantry floor, on the carpet upstairs (with a great "snake effect"), and on the porch. He always threatens to pee on people, so we'll see where that takes us when he reaches Nate's age:) What a funny story! I can totally picture you having that conversation with him!

barterboutique said...

i love reading about other people'e booger picking, wonky haired children who pee on people. makes me see that my kids aren't the only ones that do crazy things!

and, your blog is never boring!

Rach said...

Ha! That story was hillarious (mostly because it happened to you and not me). I think my boys have probably peed everywhere except on each other. Who knows, that might be around the corner for me!! I don't get boys sometimes.

Kaelene said...

so, this post was sooooooooooo funny, partly because of a dare from your sister?? Whatever it takes -- good story!
And, I second the idea of telling his fiancee, someday, this story in a VERY public place!! It'a a must!

Nicole said...

ok first I love that Sadie is such a girl and has already mastered a pout! That pout will come in handy... keep practicing Sadie and you'll get many things from your parents and BOYS!!!! and WHAT!!! I can not believe Nate peed on Sadie! Glad it was you and not me!!! Im surprised you didnt get a pic of it to post!!!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so funny! I can't say I've ever had to have a conversation with Liz about appropriate places to pee...must be a boy thing. The girly Sadie pout, now that's something I know about.

Rickie said...

You know urine is sterile right? Well, I have to say something to make you feel better.

Danika said...

So I was feeling all smug yesterday when I read this blog post of yours, thinking "at least my boys have never peed on anyone!" Well...not until this morning at least! Yep, it happened over here too. Granted, they were both peeing in the toilet at the same time...but still! And for the record, it was Brandon doing the peeing on Tyler.

Mamacita said...

Okay, I have two boys and this has never happened to me. Knock on Wood. I had three brothers growing up and I wouldn't have put it past them to pee on their only sister though. Crazy Stuff!

Sadie, love the pout. Ellie, hairdresser in the making.

Meredith said...

What a crazy kiddo! I am so mad my camera was hiding in my pool bag when Nate was over because I totally would have taken a picture of him when he went straight for the ballerina costume at my house!

Lisa said...

that is so crazy! and my brother peed on my and my sister once when we were taking a bath. horrendous! especially since it was just last week! LOL