layout

9/07/2008

Weekends

I'll admit I've been a horrible blogger lately. Our weekends have been pretty packed, so I spend the whole week trying to clean up/recover and never get around to blogging. I also never get around to taking pictures, so this may be pretty dull. So here's what we've done our two last weekends:

1. Murder Mystery dinner
I love any excuse to dress up, so what could be better than forcing your friends to dress up too? Karen found a Murder Mystery game at Tuesday Mornings for super cheap and since I have been moaning for years about how I want to do one, she sprung for the game. What a gal!!! She and her husband were also assigned the role of bartender and waitress for the evening and were such great sports when we made them serve us ;D After it was all said and done -- I got to be the Murderer, woo hoo -- we spent the next 3 hours playing one of my favorite games: Saboteur.



2. Lyndsi
We also got to keep our favorite babysitter for the whole weekend while her family was off camping. I was FORCED to make sure she had a good time so I took her out Saturday morning to see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Deux and then out to lunch. SUCH a sacrifice. Is it lame that I was smiling and giddy the whole movie and I'm getting close to 30? Please tell me some one else out there watched it and liked it?

3. Mamma Mia sing-along
I feel lucky to have so many great girl friend's who will go along with my crazy outings. When my sister told me Mamma Mia sing-along was coming out in the theater, I called my other Mamma Mia obsessed girlfriend, Shauna, and the plan was hatched. We somehow talked 8 other firends into thinking this was a good idea and then forced them to sing loudly with us. Shauna was the one who made us all get up and dance and I'm so glad she did because it just wouldn't have been as fun if we hadn't. And of course we had to spend 2 hours to go out for dessert after wards!

I should also mention that after seeing two movies with scenes of Greece in them, that I really really want to go!

OH! And if anyone wants to go again -- I totally will!

4. Closet organizing
I do have to take a picture of this because my closet looks AWESOME! After 1.5 years of shoving stuff in our closet and never getting around to organizing it because Sadie was in there, I spent an entire day in there. I love the sens of relief that comes from knowing some tucked away part of your house is so perfect. I feel the same way when I do the linen closet, or the spice cupboard. Even the fridge or the pantry!

6 years of kids clothes had to go somewhere. The sad part -- Nate has 2 bins for his 4 years of life, and the girls have 6!

See how my sweaters are color coordinated?! See all my cute Christmas trees?! I've got some fun Halloween stuff out already. I love the next few months of Holidays!

5. Primary Activity
Our water activity was yesterday and we had a great turn out -- which is always a plus. We couldn't have pulled it off without a lot of help. I think our Ward must have the corner on creativity. Sorry to the rest of you people reading this blog who are not cool enough to be a member of our Ward, but we pretty much rock. ;D

6. Triathlon
About 3 days ago Dustin decided he was going to do the Anthem Triathlon. Proof that he is soo not a planner. Most people would want to train or something, but not Dustin. He did really well and he's planning on doing it again December, which will probably have nicer weather. We had already committed to the Lamb's housewarming party, so he didn't have a cheering section either. Maybe in December.

Dustin must have been on some sort of high because after his race he still had enough energy to go watch UFC with some friends and stay up until 4 am.

This is Dustin with some of his AWESOME swag. Notice the Similac label on the water bottle. Weird place to advertise for baby formula, but even worse: it's on a #7 plastic bottle. Aren't those the ones that leak cancer into your body?? Some other gems: a tooth brush, hair elastics and hammer gel.

7. The Lamb's Housewarming
Janel has worked miracles on the house, the food was yummy *greek* and the company was even better. Nate had a great time playing with all his boy buddies and Sadie had a great time eating dessert after dessert. Thanks for having us all over guys!!! It was so much fun and so nice to have the kids disappear upstairs.

Ellie decided she didn't want to go since there would only be boys there, so she ended up at Meredith's and we still haven't seen her today. Thanks for taking her Mer!!

**Just a heads up -- GNO this WEDNESDAY! It's for anyone and everyone. We're meeting at Brenda Janda's at 6:30!!!! Miss Chelsea Pace is in town.**

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

you are too pretty. it is unfair to everyone else. seriously you look STUNNING! it is hard to have the pretties big sister in the world. next time we're together can we play the mamma mia soundtrack loudly with dancing?

love you!

Lara Neves said...

You have indeed been busy!

I really need to see your closets. My house didn't come with very many of those, and i need some serious help in the organization department. :)

Brenda Janda said...

Maddie, THANKS, I really appreciate you. You have such an energy and positive happiness. I don't want to sound nerdy or anything but I feel it a priviledge to call you friend. You have taught me so much in primary and helped me remember what is most important. Thanks

Lisa Brown said...

You and your friends do the most fun things!! It seriously makes me wish I lived on your block :). I love that you did a murder mystery dinner . . . I wonder if I could convince Kevin to do that. Hmm.

Amber said...

What a fun couple of weekends!

My master closet is definatley needing some attention for about 6 months too long now!

We were so sad not to be able to make the Lambs House Warming Party... We have had a houseful of sickies! Hopefully we will make it to their Christmas Party!

Kerry said...

Oh your murder mystery thing sounds fun!!

Love the closet. Ah, the sense of pride and accomplishment after a good organizing session. It's such a high!!! (We're sick ya know.)

And yes!! A #7 bottle?!?! Have they not been reading 2Peas? What, did they give them an uncrustable for a protien snack too?!?! WOW.

I still can't get rid of my favorite #7 plastic bottle. Sorry, I drink water out of it. I drink so much water out of it because it feels good to drink out of. If I don't use it, I don't drink water... therefore.... I either die from slowly leaking cancer plastic or I die from kidney failure from not drinking any water. :p

Where is my freaking email woman?!?

Kathleen said...

p.s. i spy a certain bridesmaid dress

Chelsea said...

What a fun few weekends!! You girls all look so cute and sassy!
And way to go Dustin on the triathalon. Seriously...that is awesome to not train for it and be spontaneous and just do it.

I can't wait for Wednesday!!

Chelsea said...

OH!! I met Michelle at The Vineyard yesterday. Loved her :)

Lisa said...

all that in only 2 weekends? i've got one word for that--SLACKER! LOL

Rach said...

I can't believe Dustin did a triathlon with no training. You guys play Saboteur???? I LOVE that game. We play it all the time with John's family.

Nicole said...

Ok could Dustin look anymore like Nate in that pic. of him drinking the water??!! And I'm soooo there for GNO! Ok, let's plan on totally doing the turkey wobble! You get the info and I'll just show up, sound good??!!! I think I can handle 4 miles! Forget that 10
+ miles... yuck!

jacque said...

Love the pics from the murder mystery. I still don't know what to think when Karen called me looking for "skanky, modest but sexy clothes" to wear! :) Sounds like you've had some fun weeks! Mamma Mia was seriously stuck in my head for the next week!

Janel said...

Yeah, I guess my party WAS pretty fun!!! LOL I was so touched that everyone came out. (unless they had a good excuse like being sick, or doing a triathalon or something!! LOL) And I am enjoying my Greek leftovers!! If I keep this up I will BE the TurkyWobble!! LOL

Meredith said...

We were happy to have Ellie! She is just like daughter #4.

Holly said...

I can't believe Dustin didn't even train for the triathalon! Hate people like that:)
I've always wanted to do a Murder Mystery Dinner, just never knew how. I'll have to get the insider tips from ya!
And...If you have some time...why don't you come clean my closet:) It needs a little TLC!

Rickie said...

When you told me Dustin did a triathalon, I was going to ask you, "has he been training? I didn't know that?" But, I am flabergasted that you could do such a thing w/o training. Guess he is just in good shape. By the way, I love how organized your closet is. I wish mine looked like that!