layout

9/29/2008

My Up"LIFT"ing Weekend

To celebrate the beginning of Fall break, I took off to Prescott with my girlfriends. A whole day without responsibilities and cool weather -- PERFECT! My girlfriend, Lisa, moved up there 3 years ago and we usually make a trek up there once a year -- ya know, because she only comes to see us the other 11 times of the year. Lisa's house is gorgeous and she always takes us shopping at the cutest stores and out to eat at the yummiest restaurants. This time lived up to all the others.

The premise of our trip is that we go up for scrapbooking. This is about how it turned out:
8 am Leave Michelle's house. Surprisingly on time.
8:10 Stop at Starbucks for Michelle and Beth
8:15 Stop at Basha's for ingredients to make a treat we never got around to making. Have debit card not work because Dustin forgot to switch money into checking account before house payment came due.
8:30 Run back to Michelle's house because she forgot her debit card
Drive to Prescott -- I have no idea what time we got there, but in some order we:
went to the scrapbook store, went out to lunch -- I had the yummiest brie/bacon/apple and turkey pannini -- shopped at antique stores, went to another scrapbook store, picked up Lisa's little sickie who was off camping with her dad and sisters, stopped for drinks. . .
5:30 Home to Lisa's -- maybe we should scrapbook??

We actually scrapbooked for the rest of the night. Like ROCKSTARS! I got 3 and a half pages done in the next 6 hours. We had to stop for yummy snacks for dinner -- bread and pesto, gingersnaps and pumpkin dip. . . Going to Lisa's is all about the food in case you're wondering why I'm even including these really boring details ;DThe "half" page is the page where I accidentally chopped Ellie's picture in half, so I need to order a new one of those and then journal, add a title. . .

I have not scrapbooked in a good 7 months and when we first got there I actually looked at all my stuff and said, "I'm giving up scrapbooking." I guess I was just out of the groove, but it was actually really nice to just scrap for hours. The only reason I was so productive at scrapbooking was because I brought my copy of LIFTED. I "lifted" 3 of my layouts for the night.

In case you're wondering what the heck LIFTED is -- it's a book that my girlfriend Michelle wrote on how to scraplift a layout and make it your own. I am in LOVE with it! You can read more/buy it here. I started off with a few lifts and got my juices flowing. Here's how it works:

I finally crawled into bed at about 2 am. Yesterday was just as crazy -- except I went to bed at 9-- so we've spent the whole morning just chilling at house. My one and only goal for the day: get to the gym.

14 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I need that book...I met Michelle a couple times. She's pretty awesome. :)

Love your pages. I, too, was feeling like giving up scrapbooking, but I have invested so much money I can't do it with a clear conscience. I guess I just need a scrapbook weekend.

Chelsea said...

What a fun mini-trip! I love your pages. SO cute! And I love Michelle and her book. Makes me feel like I can really scrap one of these days......

Meredith said...

And you get to scrap again this week with the girlies! Lindsay asks about it too, by the way. Your pages are so cute. I need to get back in gear too...digitally of course. :)

Lisa said...

it was great to see you!! your pages turned out great!

Kerry said...

Sorry, I can't hear 'lift' from you without thinking of your boobs. Haha!

It looks and sounds like it was a FABO weekend at Lisa's house! I wish I was there. You did some awesome pages too! Don't stop scrapping, because YOU ROCK!

Sara said...

I am impressed that you blog AND scrapbook. I can't manage to do both.

And you do both so amazingly well. No fair!

Molly said...

What a fun weekend! Your pages are great and I have to say when I looked at the pictures I was thinking, those are from April~!! Holy cow, I can't believe you are so far behind... Just kidding, I am amazed at anyone who can scrapbook, I'm about 5 years behind, maybe more!

Kaelene said...

Maddy, after taking a second look at your "stay-cation" photos - That page ROCKS, just like all the others! I love that color combo, so it just jumped out at me!
And, do you think Kerry noticed, about that layout, that you were channeling your inner Kerry??

AZ Hey-mon said...

Glad you were able to get back on the scrappin bandwagon. Someday I hope to. Sounds like a super fun weekend. We missed you Sat. night. but had a fun 45 minutes on Friday.LOL, thanks for coming with me.

Holly said...

How nice to get away! What I would give:) Cute pages too!!!

Unknown said...

I'm still drooling from my pannini and fruit tart. Yummy!
Love the pages! I missed the second two, so I'm glad you posted them. :)

The Tyler's said...

That sounds like such a fun trip with the girls! Mainly the food..not the scrapping! I'm not a big scrapper. But the pages are darling.
Thanks again for those yummy cookies! I think I ate 4. Bad!

Rogers said...

LOVE your pages!!! Is there anything you can't do???

Kathleen said...

tou forgot some pretty hilar stories like sadie plus nate plus spider. or ellie plus the friend. waiting waiting.