layout

11/10/2008

Ellie

This is one of those posts that is totally for Grandma's and family because I'm going to talk about my daughter as if she is the MOST brilliant, creative child in the entire world.

Like all the funny messages she leaves on my sister's phone. I believe last night she called and told her, "LOLA! Send me 3 diet cokes. And yellow flowers." I should mention that I do not drink diet coke, nor do I allow her to drink diet coke. We don't even drink juice at our house. Milk and water only!

Friday Ellie came home from school with her first "report." It was on Spiders and she got a 100% on it -- 25/25 point. So without any further ado:

Spiders

Do you know cool facts about spiders? Spiders have oily legs. Spiders have amazsing legs becas they have seven sechens --sections-- in their legs. Spiders make fantaxtec webs becas they come in different sizes. Trapdoor spiders are speshel --special-- becas they live under ground to catch insects. I know you learned lots of facts today.

So you are now a little schooled on spiders! She also wrote a book for Dustin's birthday. She locked herself in my room with some paper and crayons and came out with the best.book.ever.

The Best Dad Ever
Ellie Rogers
and then there is a picture of 3 dads and a blank face with a question mark on it

Page 1 -- Does your friend have the best dad ever? NO!
Page 2 -- Does your cousen have the best dad ever? NO!
Page 3 -- Is there a best dad ever in the world? YES!
Page 4 -- Do you know who it is? NO!
Page 5 -- The Best Dad Ever is YOU!


Ellie and the BEST DAD EVER!

18 comments:

Holly said...

Ellie really is creative! No wonder her and Bria got along so well:o) I love that she made Dustin a little book...and what a great report! I'd give her 100% too!

Lara Neves said...

Awwww...so sweet and creative! I love the cover of the book, with the blank face and question mark. That is way cool. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm totally flashing forward but I have a vision of Dustin holding Ellie in her wedding dress, all flowing and white, in that exact same spot. What a beautiful picture duo that would be.

It would be even better if Dustin was wearing some polyester blend of leisure pants with the elastic waistband.

Amber said...

Awww how adorable. What a creative little mind Ellie has! Too cute.

I am glad to learn that I am not the only one that does not allow my kids to have juice (or soda). We are milk and water drinkers in this house too! lol.

Janel said...

That is SO sweet!! I love it!

Unknown said...

Awwww- so cute!

And I'm cracking up at June... ;)

Kathleen said...

i have a slight problem with her story. Ellie is my FRIEND and she apparently has the best dad ever but page one told me she didn't... how do i resolve this?

she is the cutest thing in the world! i wish i could upload that video of all the hilarious voice mails she sends me in one day... then the internet community could truly appreciate her hilarity.

i love that girl! send her to me!

Kathleen said...

p.s. slight problem number two... those look like the shoes of death part II... do you remember those freaking pink flip flops with a two inch flop that you got her when she could barely walk???

Kaelene said...

She is the cutest girl! And how could she NOT be creative?? Look at her mama! :)

Anonymous said...

ahhhh, papa juice, the elixir of life. ellie is solid class.

Anonymous said...

I think that Ellie may be the sweetest little girl on the planet! Ellie you can come to our house any day and we will get you as many diet cokes and yellow flowers as you would like. And you can have some marshmallows too! Love you!

Lisa Brown said...

What a sweetheart!! That is so funny about the coke thing :). I am the same way about drinks at our house, except they are allowed juice once a day, but never more than that. Oh, and I love that picture of Ellie and her best dad :).

Rach said...

Best book ever!! I love that picture of Dustin and Ellie, and I agree with Kathleen. How does she walk in those shoes??? I think I would have trouble, especially on those rocks. Oh, is that why Dustin is carrying her?

Mike and Kimmy said...

You have adorable kids!! I'm not surprised that your little girl is such a beautiful little smarty pants. I was wondering where you lived because I love Arizona and am encouraging Mike to look around though for our future permanent destination. (In like 3 years)

Lisa said...

that is the cutest story. i love ellie. what a honey!!!

Unknown said...

What a great picture of Ellie and Dustin too! So sweet!

Rogers said...

cute! I changed my blog. How could I even forget to add you! Happy Birthday on Nov.23! We do love you and miss your cute family!

Kat said...

What a great picture :) Thanks for keeping us going this morning! aak, I think I do worse on short runs