layout

11/21/2008

WOOT! It's Friday!

If you had asked me on Monday if I was looking forward to Friday, I probably would have thrown up all over you. As part of our training schedule, we were suppose to run 7 miles this morning. We've run 6, ran 5 a bunch, but 7 just sounded horrible. Even this morning I woke up with a pit in my stomach.

Yes, in a moment of self loathing, I agreed to run the Tempe Iron Girl which is a 15K. Actually I think I told everyone who was doing it that they were crazy, but then I started training with them anyway. And who knows, maybe London's Run in January.

Back to this morning -- The first 2.7 miles were uphill with a hurricane strength wind blowing in our faces, so the last 4.3 miles were a breeze. I guess anything would feel great after that. And so I ran 7 miles, felt great -- we all felt great -- and now I can enjoy my awesome weekend. It feels so good to have that out of the way!

TWILIGHT with some girlfriends tonight. WOO HOO!

19 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I bow to your greatness. I highly doubt I could run 1/7 of a mile at this point. :)

Anonymous said...

wow. you inspire...admiration or....jealousy!

Danika said...

Congrats on the run! I can't even run a mile anymore, so I truly admire people who are runners. And you'll have to let me know what you think of Twilight. I'm still not sure if I want to see it or not. Some things are better left in my head's imagination...

Meredith said...

where did you run uphill????

Brenda Janda said...

Congrats on all accounts. I could barely walk a mile let alone run. I gotta hit Twilight. Not sure when. Have fun.

AZ Hey-mon said...

you are such a studette! The only running I ever want to do is running on the beach with the wind in my hair. Oh wait, YOu are going to CABO! You should tell people that is what you are training for.

Kathleen said...

karen's comment is too funny for me to even attempt! you are awesome, how did you get to be that way??

Kaelene said...

Ya, running . . . I guess some people enjoy it! "Twilight"? Ya, just snuck away for a LONG lunch and took in a matinee with some girlfriends . . . IT'S GOOD!!! :)

Rach said...

You are CRAZY! I hate running. I saw Twilight yesterday. What did you think? I didn't like it (can I say that or are people going to stone me?)

Anonymous said...

7 miles...that is awesome! What a great accomplishment!

Sara said...

Impressive Maddy!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

First of all, you're crazy! Second, what did you think of Twilight? I went on Friday night. I've never read the books, so I really liked it but I know a lot of people who are fanatics about the books who were not impressed. Needless to day, I'm reading the first one now. I'm excited! I don't even know if I've ever been able to run 7 straight miles. You're crazy!

Molly said...

Hmm, I remember the days of being able to run that many miles. When I used to run cross country I hated every minute of it! Good for you... But yah, where did you find a hill around here?

Kerry said...

I would gladly drive in front of you and be your cheerleader. Running? Not so much. Dang that is a loooooong way!!!

Megan would run with you though! LOL!

swampbaby said...

Way to go, Maddy!

Kathleen said...

no one has said anything about it being your BIRTHDAY!!

Molly said...

I just got on here to say Happy Birthday! I meant to call and then I looked at the clock and realized it was too late. I hope you had a great day!

Lisa Brown said...

I am so not a runner, that you are my hero, even if you don't end up doing it :).

Chelsea said...

Where is your birthday weekend wrap up?! You girls and your running makes my old bones hurt.