layout

11/06/2008

On with the show

So apparently a few people have been checking my blog to see what I have to say about the election. I've been too busy whooping it up! I don't know what they were expecting -- maybe Nanny Nanny Boo Boo? I win, You lose ;p But that's not how I feel. Mainly I feel some empathy for all of y'all out there. I know how it feels to just totally disagree with over half the country -- although in 2oo4, I really agreed with over half. . . sorry, just thought I'd throw in some brevity here. I have felt the disappointment, the despair, the pit in the bottom of my stomach. But I lived. And with that I do have two links to share.

1. My sister's humorous attempt to make all the McCain supporters feel better, or at least laugh: Which I totally love
and
2. A little silver lining for all of you prop 8/1o2/2 supporters: Looks like Obama has already done something good for you

Also, one last comment, I'm no Sarah Palin lover, but man have I been disgusted by the way she has been thrown under the bus. I used to really dislike her, but with everything coming out, I feel so sorry for the poor girl.

OK, so now on to how I feel about the whole thing: WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! When they called Pennsylvania I started feeling pretty confident and I was happy to say the night did not disappoint. We stayed up to watch Obama's speech and I almost cried. I know you may not believe in him yet, but I hope you can give him a chance. How cute are they?? I wish they had called and told me they were wearing red and black because we totally could have gone on stage with them! Move over Joe Biden, Maddy Rogers can stick her foot in her mouth just as well as you can.

And that was just a really lame attempt to segue to some cute pictures of my kids that I've been wanting to share in which they are in fact wearing red and black.



My really awesome, super talented friend, Lisa -- also a crazy Mormon Democrat, so lucky to know so many -- took them.

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

CUUUUTIES! this is the first time i have been the first to comment!

Meredith said...

They are such a beautiful family. As is yours, of course!!!But I was no fan of the red and black "black widow" dress. As soon as she walked out, I said to Steve, "oh no - they are going to be all over her for that one."

Now the pressure is on...a whole lotta change to deliver!

Maddy said...

I think the only people insisting on massive amounts of change right away are the people who didn't vote for him. I realize this country is a HUGE mess and I'd rather have a little change done right, than a lot of change done quickly.

Lara Neves said...

I will admit, I thought of you when they called the election. I thought how you won't be having your sobfest, but I would. :)

I am excited to see what happens with the Obama Presidency, and I totally respect the office of the President, and therefore, him. Even if I didn't agree with everything he wants to do.

And amen to your comment about Sarah Palin. Seriously sad.

swampbaby said...

I said this in response to your comment on my blog, but I will say it here, too, in case you don't look over there. I was not a McCain lover or "McCainiack" as your sister's post stated, and was disappointed in his selection as the Republican candidate. At the beginning of this election year, as all years, I listened with an open mind. I had nothing against Obama. And I still have nothing against him personally, but his policies I can not agree with at all. But, as I said, I will afford him the respect his office deserves, UNLIKE most Democrats did for George W. Bush the last 8 years.

Unknown said...

Hey Maddy! I had to come and check things out because I totally thought of you when watching the votes come in. I was very happy for you which actually cheered me up to think of you celebrating. I also promise to keep an open mind. I find him a good man and I think he would really like to do some good. Here's his chance. Let's see what he can do.

Also--pretty historical election too. I told Brett, someday we will be able to tell our grandchildren that we were alive when the 1st African-American President was elected. Hopefully there will be many more to come--just let them be republican ;D Love ya, Girl

Rickie said...

Those pictures of the kids are so cute!! I especially love the Sadie wink. Wow, very priceless. As for the politics thing, glad it is all over....I can finally get some sleep at night.

Larson's said...

I'm with Rickie, wooooohoooo! It's over!!! Time to look at the precious things in life like those adorable children! Those pictures are awesome! I want to be able to take pictures like that when I grow up! Of coarse, it helps to have such cute kids!

Keyona said...

I cried as well...I think from where we are now our country can go nowhere but up.

The Tyler's said...

Those are some dang cute kids!

Lisa Brown said...

Such gorgeous pics of your kids :). And I am very happy that you finally got what you wanted after being dissapointed for so long. I think I was discouraged by the whole election this time, mostly because I didn't like either cantidate, so no matter what happened I wasn't going to be happy. It's all good though :).

m = michelle said...

girl, You know he wasn't my man, but this IS my country, and I'll stand behind it and the office. I believe in our government and trust the system.

I also admit my basic unliking for change but am trusting that change isn't always bad. Maybe even good :)

Casey said...

Adorable pics of the kids! You mean the world is NOT going to end now that Obama is going to be president? Whew!!

Chelsea said...

Hey Besty! It's been a long time. I miss you. So, I was going to call you one day, and realized that I didn't have your number. What kind of besty is that?! So, the call was regarding the election. We Baracked the vote. Can you believe it?! When I say we, I mean Cody, because I didn't get to vote. But I wanted to, and would have Baracked it. I was a day late because of the hurricane registering, so I didn't get to. I was really upset. Stinkin hurricane ruined lots of things!! So don't give me a hard time...I feel really bad. But since I missed the early vote, we were driving anyways on the actual voting day. So it wouldn't have worked out anyways.
Anyways, You totally rocked as Sarah. I love it! Bangs and all!! :)

Lisa said...

well you know how happy i am with the election. i'm proud and ecstatic on so many levels. i have great hope with obama. and those are some dang cute kids you have!!!!

Laurel and Trev said...

Maddy...you're kids are absolutely gorgeous!!! Awesome pictures.

laura said...

i know this is kinda late, but i know you were happy about the election, and i'm happy for you. :)

and hello?!?!?! how cute are your kids?? love these shots! <3