layout

12/24/2008

It's Beggining to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I think we're officially ready for Christmas. Poor Dustin is going to be up all night putting toys together -- but it's his choice. I'm done with my duties except for one last present that came yesterday.

Friday I had the kids sit down and make a list of everything they wanted to do this week. It is a really long list filled with low expectations, so it's been easy to fulfill:

1. Watch Christmas movie -- CHECK
2. Elise's Christmas Party -- rescheduled due to rain
3. Cut snowflakes -- CHECK
4. Go to the gym -- CHECK
5. Open Christmas Presents
6. Eat lunch -- CHECK
all of these day to day suggestions are Nate's
7. Play games -- CHECK
8. Eat dinner -- CHECK
9. Cuddle Mommy -- CHECK!
10. Sing Christmas Carols -- tonight, but we did have a lovely rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town
11. Change Sadie's diaper -- CHECK lucky girl
12. Keep the house clean -- Uhhhhhh. I did run SIX loads of laundry on Monday and Dustin folded and put them away for me
13. Destroy Lola's Blog -- CHECK
Enjoy it for yourself
14. Make cookies
15. Take a nap -- CHECK PLUS
16. See Bolt -- CHECK
17. Nate buy Mom a Christmas present -- nate may be the worst secret keeper because I'm pretty sure it's a pink water bottle.
18. Get Nate a haircut
19. Go to Pre-school -- CHECK! Santa even came
20. Read books -- CHECK
21. Watch Mamma Mia -- CHECK apparently Dustin does not love this movie as much as me
22. Go to the Nutcracker -- CHECK
23. Go to Church -- CHECK
24. Kiss Mommy -- check
25. Christmas Eve party at our house -- 9 more hours
26. Eat cereal -- CHECK
27. Play Barbies -- CHECK

Like I said, simple list. I must have disappointed my kids so many times that they realized to set the bar low and ask for things like naps.

Yesterday we got our BEST Christmas present for the year. We opened a package from Dustin's brother, Chris and his wife Shauna to find this
At first I thought they had sent us an ornament and I was thinking, "Uh helllllo, our baby is due in June" and then I saw the two little penguins! After 8 years we are so excited for them to finally have some babies in their home!!! And selfishly I'm so excited for our baby to have two little cousin buddies.

I could hardly sleep last night after the news! I honestly think this made my Christmas. It will be fun to see Shauna pregnant -- with TWINS! They will be such wonderful parents and I know they have wanted this for so long. I guess if you're going to have twins, first off is the time to have them.

So MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

TWINS!!! how exciting!!! i'm not sure i have met her but i know they are both gorgeous so it is a good thing they are gracing the world with two children at once.

CONGRATS TO THEM!!

Kathleen said...

p.s. i think the world is going to be seriously overpopulated in nine months. thank you for contributing to the problem.

Kathleen said...

p.p.s. i am really excited, that was a joke, not a seriousness.

Meredith said...

That is really exciting for them - babies the same age in a family are super fun!!

You are the best. Enjoy your Christmas!!

Danika said...

I have a few photos of Natalie sitting on Brandon that exact same way. She thinks they are a chair when they lay on the floor!

Don't you love it when kids have low expectations - makes you feel like you've accomplished so much, doesn't it? You definitely deserve it being pregnant.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

the best....christmas.....ever. you are indeed blessed.

Lisa Brown said...

It sounds like you have been busy! The sweater contest sounds hilarious! How do people find them? Do they really still make sweaters like that? Crazy! And when I read your Christmas card, I totally did a double take when I read the part about your being pregnant. (Had you posted about it and I just didn't notice?) Congrats! June is a great time to have a baby :).

AZ Hey-mon said...

Wow, what a great list.Way to not disappoint. And yea for your Bro and sis in law!