layout

12/27/2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas


We started off with our traditional Christmas Eve dinner with friends. We missed the Hortins and Kimballs who both moved this year :(, but luckily for us the Critchfields are still here and we invited a new family from the Ward who have a girl Ellie's age, a boy Nate's age and two twins a little younger than Sadie and Taten. Dinner was soup in bread bowls and mini pizzas for the kids -- I learned my lesson after years of the kids not eating a bite of soup and filling up on sugar cookies. I think they actually ate something this year!

After dinner, we did the nativity. Ellie lost the intense Rock-Paper-Scissor battle to be Mary, so I suggested she be the Angel. Apparently if she couldn't be Mary, she was going to be some sort of farm animal. So yeah, she's whatever animal has large white ears and makes this face.See the face again in this picture?? And I can mock the HUGE animal ears because I made the set myself. Nate chose to be a Wiseman. So you'll never guess who was our twirling angel!

Then there was cookie decorating which was interrupted by a knock at the door. Sadie thought she'd be helpful and carry Taten's PJs in for him. HOORAY! They're not hyper at all. Seems like they still got plenty of sugar.

Sadie decide she still wanted to decorate cookies. After everyone went home and we got the kids in bed, the real fun began. Dustin had to put together a doll stroller, a scooter and Rose Petal Cottage while I put the presents out. Plus he hadn't wrapped a single one of my gifts. At close to midnight I decided I was no longer useful and headed to bed.

Dustin finished up around 1:30 and then Nate woke us up at about 4 with a coughing fit. Even a breathing treatment couldn't get him to calm down, so sweet Dustin took him out to the family room to watch TV. I guess it took him 2 hours to get him to go back to sleep after seeing the presents.

The girls woke up about 8 and came into bed with me while we waited a few minutes before waking Nate up. And the rest. . . is Christmas Day. Another day, another blog.

16 comments:

Brenda Janda said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I so remember the fun, late nights and no sleep the next. Isn't motherhood wonderful.
Happy New Year

Lara Neves said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I love your pj's, by the way.

Kerry said...

Aw poor nate. I hate those breathing treatments. I know how hard those are, and those sleepless nights.

Matthew finally got put on a inhaler type thing with a long chammber. So instead of sitting there with the machine, he breaths three puffs through it.

You should ask your pediatrician about it next time and see if nate is old enough yet. It helps us to be able to have it portable too.

Matthew is on a whole new regime from a doctor here, and he *knock on wood* has had ONE asthma related thing since moving here. (The one that ended him up at the doctor who has so far fixed him.)

Email me if you want me to tell you about it. I've been through that same thing you are with both of my boys.

Sorry this is epic length for your comment section. LOL! BUT check your gmail because I DID email you again this week!!!

Love ya!

Meredith said...

Gads...I ALMOST got the girls those same reindeer jammies - I changed my mind at the last minute - how fun would it have been to be the same!! You should invite us to your Christmas Eve Partay. :)

Lisa Brown said...

Poor Nate! And I have to say that I am super jealous that your kids will sleep in until 8am. Doesn't matter when they go to bed, my kids are up by 6 am.

Holly said...

We keep saying that we'll have a Christmas party, then...the next thing we know...Christmas is over:o) Micah got the same Christmas pjs as Nate. Sounds like fun times at the Rogers!!!

Kathleen said...

i love sadie in every single picture. i can't wait for my week with her.

Anonymous said...

We missed you on Chirstmas, but it was so fun watching the kids open their presents on the video chat. We love them and miss them so much! Can hardly wait to see more pictures and to see you all in February! Lots of Love!

Anonymous said...

moments to cherish forever. how sweet.

Anonymous said...

moments to cherish forever. how sweet.

Anonymous said...

moments to cherish forever. how sweet.

Janel said...

That picture of you guys in the jammies is adorable!! Poor Nate, but looks like it all worked out. I had to compromise on the soup thing too,now I make the yummy potato cheese AND homemade chicken noodle, because I know they will eat that one.

Anonymous said...

Ok so what's up -- where are the pictures of Christmas morning? Do I need to start stalking your friends' blogs and adopt their children as my Grandchildren? Love you!

Rogers said...

Sorry Nate was so sick. It looks like a wonderful christmas otherwise. I did receive your christmas card. thank you! What a beautiful family! Hope you have a happy New year!

Kathleen said...

5 DAYS UNTIL I SEE YOU!

Chelsea said...

You all look so cute in your picture! Ellie's animal face is cracking me up! I tended to always have the goofy face (forced or not) as a kid and that totally made me feel right at home!