layout

12/09/2008

Toot toot

What's that sound -- oh that's me tooting my own horn. Let's start off with my beautiful wonderful children.

Ellie got a Principal's Award last week. She got it for "Great sentence writing and being a classroom role model." Way to go Ellie. As you can see from the picture, she also lost her two front teeth, so we've been singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth" all week.

After 3 months of speech therapy, Nate can say CAR instead of TAR. I'm so happy. It takes some reminders sometimes, but everyone once in awhile he'll just pull it out all by himself.

Saturday was the big race and I'm proud to announce that I survived. I actually was really proud of how well I did. Here we are before the race, freezing our tooshies off. At least we live in AZ, so the weather was actually gorgeous. According to people with their GPS and Nike plus, it ended up being 10.8 miles and I'll tell you what. . . I'm going with them. It felt realllllllly long.

About mile 7 I started thinking, "Wow, my feet hurt. And my knees, any my lower back, and my ankles. . ." By mile 8 I was singing "Keep Trying" from Yo Gabba Gabba in my head. If you don't know this song, you're really missing out. Finally towards the last mile of the race, I was about to start walking and wait for Amy to run with me because I didn't think I could finish by myself when the lady next to me says, "You can't walk -- I'm running with you." So thanks random stranger for getting me through.

And of course a big thanks to Jill, Katherine and Amy -- the best running buddies a gal could have. I never would have gotten this far without you guys!!! You made every mile worth it.

Also, I am completely done with my Christmas shopping. HA!

In the "boo news" category -- I haven't touched my Christmas cards. I was thinking, "Hey at least all my friends are slackers too" and then I got my first Christmas card in the mail yesterday. Boo to Katie Bullock!

19 comments:

Meredith said...

So proud of you for the race!! Maybe I should do one of those some day. Lindsay was missing two front teeth last year - it was prominent in our Christmas letter.

Kathleen said...

what about a video? i think you are a twig. eat a sandwich.

Mamacita said...

Great job all the way around! You ladies look amazing! And at least you have your Christmas cards made. I got two from friends on the 1st....overachievers!

Lara Neves said...

Ellie looks adorable...she can sing the song with Chloe.

WOO HOO on the race! You rock, I even got a little teary eyed reading about the random stranger lady...ummm, anyway....

Yeah, we're ALL slackers this year. I just finally made and ordered mine last night. So...don't expect one for at least another week! I got my first one yesterday, too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It looks like the two brownies didn't hold ya back! ;)

Kaelene said...

You deserve to toot your own horn! I didn't realize, Friday night, that you were running on Saturday morning! So really, for you to have seen us at all was a TREAT for us! Glad you did come!

Kat said...

Yay for us!! WE did amazing work. Thanks for keeping us motivated and for running faster than everyone! It gave us all more to work on and kept me going, that's for sure!!

Janel said...

Wyatt had lost his teeth but they will be too grown back to sing the song. Darn.

The pictures of you guys are SO cute!! I'm kind of glad I wasn't there, I would have certainly been the DUFF of the group!! But GOOD JOB!!!

The only card I've gotten so far was from my insurance agent. :D But I moved so I may only get a few this year. Unless I somehow get mine out so people have my address.

Cecily said...

Ellie's teeth are too cute. And way to go Nate! And YOU are my hero. That is awesome! Every time Matt runs a marathon or something I think "I should do it" but then I never do becasue I am not self motavated. So great for you guys! Maybe I will get in on the next one :)

m = michelle said...

GREAT JOB GIRL!!!

Chelsea said...

Amazing job on the race!! And thanks to you I have been singing Yo Gabba Gabba songs all morning in my head!
Way to go Ellie and Nate on their scholar accomplishments. You have brilliant children :)

Anonymous said...

you go girl! nate can drive you home in your "car" if you get too tired. awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, I'm proud you -- oh yes, I'm proud of you!

And Tater Man -- way to go! Maybe Mama should buy you a car!

Ellie you little dolly -- stop growing up so fast! I remember when you got those teeth and now you need new teeth!

Love you all, Mom

lynette said...

way to go! congrats!!!!

Shauna said...

Nice job on the race! Sadly, it makes me want to throw up thinking about running even down to my mailbox.

Lisa Brown said...

You are my hero!! I couldn't have done 1 mile, let alone 10 :).

AZ Hey-mon said...

yea!!!!!!!!!! for both you and Ellie. Guess the girl doesn't fall far from the momma. That sounds a little funky.

But, good job Ellie.
And you Rock Maddy.

Larson's said...

Way to go! You are so impressive! When I grow up I want to be just like you. I need a little of your modifation right now. Oh, and the christmas card thing.... I haven't even taken pictures yet.

Kerry said...

WOW! You are crazy with the updates lately and I am so far behing in keeping up with them!!!

Congratulations on the run!! HOLY COW I am so proud of you! I swear, you do everything! Super mom, super scrapper, runner...

Go Maddy. That is truly a huge accomplishment. :) You should be proud!