layout

2/03/2009

Later!

I just finished sorting through a pile of swimming suits. There is a definite problem with going to Mexico in February being almost 5 months pregnant. I don't really fit in my normal swimsuits and maternity swimsuits kind of drown me. Plus, there's not a large selection of stuff out anyway. Last week I hit the stores thinking I could find something to fit my expanding chest and stomach but pretty much everything for the stomach was not meant for my chest. Luckily for me, I have the best girl friends EVER who all raided their closets for anything that would work. Obviously not all of these worked, but I couldn't help laughing at the huge pile of swimsuits on my bed. I can now happily run off to the beach for 5 days with 3 swim suits that cover all of me. MWAH!

Add in the people driving my kids to and from school, my mom who is flying out as we speak, Meredith who hooked me up with some super cute "in between" dresses for the night time events. . . I don't know if there is suitcase big enough to haul back all the thank yous I owe people! I am so grateful to all of you.

And also one more big MWAH to Jill, my hero, who loaded me up with a pile of books to escape. Hopefully next time you see me I'll be tan and not the fake tan I've got going on right now and rested!

21 comments:

Danika said...

Have fun!!! I'll definitely need to get some more swimsuits in the next few months before we go...hopefully they'll be more selection in April and I can psych myself up to go shopping for them. I HATE swimsuit shopping...

"These is my Words" is a great book. There are also two more after that in the series.

Mike and Kimmy said...

You'll be one hot momma on the beach! Congrats on your baby boy by the way! That is so awesome! I want to go on a trip to Mexico in February. All we've had here are ice storms and cold. I love the picture of you and the kids for Christmas. So adorable!

Lara Neves said...

Have fun! I like those Shopaholic books...perfect light reads for the beach!

Janel said...

Have fun in Me-heee-co!!I'm so super jealous!

lynette said...

put your feet in the sand, soak up the sun, and have fun!

jacque said...

Have so much stinkin' fun! Glad you found a suit! I wish I had 1 of the 2 woes that you had with finding a swimsuit--you know what I mean?! :)

Molly said...

Have so much fun! I will imagine you laying on the beach reading... I'm so jealous!

Meredith said...

You will be one cute hottie mommy! Glad the dresses worked for you! And you should have taken those giant maternity suit bottoms if you needed some shade.

Kathleen said...

i miss you already.

Unknown said...

Have a great time, and don't forget the sunblock!!

Casey said...

As far as your dilemma of finding a bathing suit that fits you right now so that you can lie around on the gorgeous beaches of mexico, do I feel sorry for you? On a scale of 1-10, yeah about a 1.5. So so jealous. Hope you have a good time!

Anonymous said...

hasta la vista, baby.

Holly said...

I hate you! I mean...I LOVE YOU!!! Can I PLEASE cram into one of your suitcases???

Kerry said...

Have a great time Maddy!! Please eat some guacamole for me! Mmmmm.

Lisa Brown said...

I hope you have a fantastic time!! And how awesome that your friends came through for you :). Can't wait to see the pics.

Unknown said...

I know you are long gone but I wish you warm sunny beach weather and lots of relaxation.

Unknown said...

Let me know if those books are any good. Have a great time! I'm jealous ;D

Kaelene said...

Jealous, jealous again! Yep, that's me, singin' to you!
But I hope you enjoy your time away . . . and take LOTS of photos! ♥

Chelsea said...

Aren't you back yet??!!

Hope you had/are having fun! Your mom rocks for flying out! I think I need to go call my mom and discuss this....

Oh, and I hope you wore our besty swim suit. I should have sent you my size since mine was up a size from yours. And I hope you read These is my words.....I LOVE that book! :)

Rickie said...

I have missed you so much!! I hope you are having so much fun and soaking up all the sun. Can't wait til you get back so I can hear all about it. Lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Need Blog update -- Need Pictures of Mexico -- Need Pictures of Three Beautiful Children!