layout

2/26/2009

blah blah blah

Seriously, nothing to see here, I'm sort of just writing something to have *something* to put up on here. We've been running around like crazy. Birthday parties, baby showers for Rickie and Shauna, movies, good bye dinner for Katherine and the best news of the last week: Rickie had her baby girl.

Monday I spent the day over at Karen's with all of our kids, and Rickie's, moaning about how long labor is for normal people. She went to the hospital around 4 am and we still hadn't heard anything at 1 pm, so I got antsy and called for an update only to learn later she had been born about 3 minutes earlier. My labors -from first contraction to baby- have ranged from 6 hours to 90 minutes, so this waiting all day thing is for the birds!

In my competitive spirit I had to rush over to the hospital and then trip Karen in order to be the FIRST to hold Avery. It was really late at night and I obviously had not looked in the mirror before I left the house, so I just cropped myself right out. She has the cutest, longest little toes and fingers and the sweetest cry ever. And look at that little bow!!

To be honest, I haven't been very excited to have another baby and I've been ESPECIALLY cranky about having to be pregnant again, but the second I held that baby I couldn't help but think, "I want mine. Like right now." Well, I mainly want mine right now so I don't have to be pregnant any longer. How on earth do people "cherish" this??

You will never find me posing for a belly shot mainly because I think I look about 8 months pregnant, I'm only like 5, and my face is already starting to get fat. My hips are killing me, I still need a nap every day, I can barely walk past 7 at night and I feel like an old lady half the time. I guess I just needed to hold a little one again to remind me that it will all be worth it.

13 comments:

Meredith said...

Cutie!!! I want one too. But Kate is still kinda little so she fills the void. Maddy - you look great, just for the record. But, I know things will really be bad if you ever have to actually wear maternity pants like the rest of us though...

Rach said...

What a cute baby!! Looking at that picture almost makes me want to have another one. Then I read about your pregnancy aches and I think I'll just go hold someone else's baby!

Danika said...

You've never had to wear maternity pants???? No sympathy from me then! My sis-in-law is pregnant with twins right now (and has 3 older autistic kids + an 18 month old)...talk about tired & aches and pains! She is going to do all the hard work and then I'm going to swoop in and be the awesome aunt to the twins!

P.S. - No I don't think you're a mean mom for throwing Ellie's cast out. I'm not saving Natalie's forver. It's kind of gross (and hers was only on a week, I can't imagine how stinky & dirty others are). Tyler jumped over her again this morning and I about took her cast and beat him with it...

P.P.S. - We're probably changing our Mexico plans to somewhere else. We don't want to get shot or kidnapped. I'm pretty bummed...

Danika said...

You've never had to wear maternity pants???? No sympathy from me then! My sis-in-law is pregnant with twins right now (and has 3 older autistic kids + an 18 month old)...talk about tired & aches and pains! She is going to do all the hard work and then I'm going to swoop in and be the awesome aunt to the twins!

P.S. - No I don't think you're a mean mom for throwing Ellie's cast out. I'm not saving Natalie's forver. It's kind of gross (and hers was only on a week, I can't imagine how stinky & dirty others are). Tyler jumped over her again this morning and I about took her cast and beat him with it...

P.P.S. - We're probably changing our Mexico plans to somewhere else. We don't want to get shot or kidnapped. I'm pretty bummed...

Chelsea said...

Ya, no sympathy here either girl! I am sure you look amazing. Rickie's girly is so sweet. I miss that new baby smell. And that is probably about it for the new baby stuff. Sleepless nights and feeding issues...no thanks!

Kaelene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaelene said...

Remember the words of a prophet . . . "Enjoy the journey"

Lisa said...

i hear you on the whole pregnant thing. i never liked it. i did however like the babies i got after!!!
hang in there!

AZ Hey-mon said...

You do wear pregnant well! But you can complain about it all day long to me and it is all good! I think it is the right of all pregnant women to complain there hearts out!

Kerry said...

Aww, what a sweet little baby!! Hey, for what it is worth, you are always the cutest pregnant girl I've ever known. I hear you on being uncomfortable in those last months though. I think with the amount of time that has passed I have forgotten about it!

Lisa Brown said...

Wow, you do have short labors - 90 minutes? That is awesome! That is less time than it took me to push Lily out :). Hope you feel a little better and can find some relief. I want another baby sometime, but the fear I have of being pregnant again is totally holding me back. It was really that bad last time.

Launa Nicole said...

Seriously, how do you do it? I don't know how you keep going with creativity. I love reading your blog and seeing how you and your family's doing. When are you due??

Anonymous said...

Aw, baby! I give you so much credit too! I'm jealous of your motherly instincts that I personally lack. Your baby will totally be worth the pregnancy:)