layout

8/12/2009

Blah blah blog update

Apparently I haven't updated this recently. Main reason: no pictures. Who wants to read a blog with no pictures?? So I'll try to keep the sentences short in order to keep your attention.

*edited* Oh lucky you, after Luke ate, I pulled out the camera JUST to take pictures for your entertainment!

1. I am trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to potty train Sadie. Since Sadie is such a child genius, I thought once I set my mind to potty training her, it would be a breeze. Well it's been almost a week of my half-hearted attempt and she is such a child genius she's figured out to just whine for a diaper.

(Insert picture of Sadie holding Ponyville toy I'm trying to bribe her with, so she's never going to get here)
2. While I'm attempting the impossible, I decided to try to get Nate to stop sucking his thumb. The bribe: Star Wars Legos.

3. Dustin and I celebrated out anniversary at Kai -- where I couldn't even go to the bathroom by myself. I also ate so much food that I made myself ill, but that chocolate souffle was worth it.

4. Luke is sleeping great, but I am still waking up at all hours of the night. Last night I took Nyquil to help me sleep causing me to be the world's crankiest mother this morning. I think it sounded something like this, "Nate, you're chewing loudly." "Ellie! YOU'RE chewing loudly." "SADIE! YOU'RE SLURPING YOUR MILK LOUDLY."

cue cute pictures of Luke:




5. The Halloween catalogs are starting to arrive and Nate is in heaven. He's bummed because Sadie does not share his vision of turning our home into a haunted house.

And now you all luck out because Luke is awake, so I will abandon this really boring blog for now.

14 comments:

Rach said...

Oh man, we are starting potty training here. I hate it!! Maybe I should go buy a ponyville toy to bribe my girl with. I had to laugh about your Nyquil story. When I take Nyquil it knocks me out and I wake up feeling great!

Danika said...

I have been sick this week and been taking NyQuil. I love that it knocks me out, but then I have crazy hallucination dreams and a total hangover in the morning. Not sure it's worth it...

I am waiting as long as possible to start potty training Natalie and other things like moving her out of her bed, etc. I am just not ready for the extra time, work or drama they entail. Of course, I don't have another baby in diapers or needed the crib...

Meredith said...

One tylonol PM would probably do it for ya!! Sadie will get it...eventually! And Luke looks adorable with his cute blankie!!

Mamacita said...

I heard Sadie tell Daddy in sacrament meeting she went potty...so great! As you know they'll do it when they're ready.

Gotta love Nate for his love for Halloween. A guy after my own heart! We were talking about costumes yesterday...too exciting!

Glad I wasn't the only mom who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. My kids weren't chewing too loud they were singing. Can you imagine? Singing before 8am?

Michelle said...

OMG! I love the pictures of Lukers! That smile is a killer! I miss them all so much! Love you All

AZ Hey-mon said...

Seriously, super cute pictures. I am glad you took them cause I almost stopped reading when I heard know pics.

Luke is mister personality, photogenic. what a babe!

jacque said...

That is pretty daring to take on potty training and thumb sucking in one swoop--good luck. Luke is so dang cute!

Kathleen said...

a-dor-able.

Danika said...

Word to the wise...go with the NyQuil. I ran out and tried to sleep last night without it being sick. 2 hours of sleep total - sitting up on the couch! My grouchiness level today is way worse than the NyQuil hangover....you better believe I'm going to the store today to get some before tonight!

Kaelene said...

NOT boring . . . good to hear about others' stuff, to deter one from bummin' out on their own misery!
We need to get together soon - I gotta hold that cute baby!!

Lisa Brown said...

I hate potty training!!!! It really is awful, and I am so sorry you are having to do it. Hope you get more sleep soon!!

Megan said...

Ugh, I'm thinking about starting Lucy with the Potty Training too. Not sure I want to deal with it though. I tried to change her crib to a bed with disasterous results. So it's back to a crib for her.
Good luck!!

Rickie said...

It has been too long since I've got on Blogger. I love those pictures of Luke. He is so darling. Here's hoping the potty training goes better from here. I would offer some tips, but judging from how WELL I potty-trained my boys, I think you are the expert :) Good luck!

The Tyler's said...

So we are going to Sandbridge this Friday! Noah's law school is having a family bbq at that beach for all the first years. I'm so excited to see it!
How is everything? Anything new going on?
I just want to squeeze Luke!