layout

8/04/2009

2 months today!

Since it's Luke's 2 month birthday today, you will be subjected to random details of a newborn's really uneventful life and some really bad pictures I took.

Like these from Sunday morning
Just hanging out waiting for Daddy to get home from meetings. Nate was so concerned as to what class Luke would be going to at Church.

The bad idea where I thought I should squeeze my kids into one tiny chair. Guess who got squeezed in the chair last? By the time I noticed Nate was a foot shorter than Sadie the kids were done.Nice glare from Ellie and Nate looks like he's in pain There's also Sadie with the mad-eye wink smile. In case you've never noticed, my kids have the weird genetic disposition to smile with one eye closed. My sister even made a collage of it:
Luke is sleeping pretty well at night. I say "pretty well" because the kid is so unpredictable (and because the other 3 kids were all sleeping through the night by 2 months). He'll usually wake up once a night, sometime between 3 and 5 am. But then every few nights he doesn't wake up until 6 or 7. Guess who DOESN'T sleep until 6 or 7? Me! I'll usually wake up around 4 and just lay in bed waiting for him to wake up. The later it gets, the more I'm convinced he's going to wake up at any minute so it would be pointless to go back to sleep. And then I get mad at myself for not sleeping. Dustin thinks I'm crazy but I have assured him that all moms do this -- right?

He's smiling now, which is always so much fun because you realize they actually like you. I also enjoy his little Zoolander faces
The kids all love Luke and fight over who gets to sit next to his head when I'm feeding him. If it were up to me the answer would be NO ONE! They like to cuddle his hair and keep him distracted from the task on hand -- fattening him up! As soon as he is awake they all have to crowd around him and coo. Nate especially likes to force toys into his hand so he can teach him to play. I think he's just so excited to finally have a brother. Doctor's appointment is later this morning. Cross your fingers that he's at the 10th percentile for weight.

*update* OK so he weighs 9 lbs 13 oz. So so tiny! But the good news is -- he is in the 10-25th percentile (previously he was at exactly the 10th percentile, so we moved up a notch). This means he's off the high calorie stuff while we figure out if he can maintain his weight on his own. He's also on some reflux medicine to see if that is what is causing his aversion to eating (there are some other indicators of reflux as well). I've never had a baby so tiny, but he sure is cute!!

15 comments:

AZ Hey-mon said...

Just the cutest pictures EVER! Aren't photo sessions with 4 kids fun? The out takes never disappoint. Love your kiddos.

Danika said...

I totally did that "it's not worth going back to sleep" thing with my babies! I even do it now sometimes if I wake up at like 5:30 and my alarm is set for 6:00. It's SO ANNOYING!

Casey said...

Those pictures of Luke are soooo stinking cute!!!! Love the collage your sister made, too funny.

Steve and Sarah said...

He is so so cute! It sounds like he is definetly LOVED!

Cecily said...

Oh my goodness I want to eat him!!!! He is so cute and so tiny.
I am bringing your book back today after school and a treat too. Be on the look out :)

Molly said...

So cute! He is seriously a doll, I could snuggle him all day. The one eye closed pictures are hillarious! Hmm, I remember back when he was tiny and not eating I asked if you thought he might have reflux or something like that... I should be a doctor I think. Hope the meds help! Glad he moved up, Zac is 165 months and barely hitting the 13th percentile, I'm sure Luke will pass him up one day!

Mamacita said...

Definitely cute! No wonder your kiddos always want to be near him!I saw Dustin swaddling him in the foyer on Sunday, he's so tiny! Great job to both of you on the weight gain. Keep it up!
Yes, all mom's do wake up at the predicted time of their baby and have that same conversation with themselves. :) You're not crazy.

Molly said...

Sac is not 165 months... sorry, he's 15 months!

Kathleen said...

i feel that you and karen are in some kind of an exclusive four children club and i can never belong. i hate you both.

that might be the world's cutest baby... submitting him for random contests with cash prizes: check.

Meredith said...

So he is Kate's size at her birth! Nuts - and she was a fatty - he looks itty bitty...though in a big way....he really is adorable - gotta bring the sling over.

Amy F. said...

Cute, cute pics!! Luke really is a doll. And the eye thing is hilarious!
Your kids are all so stinkin' cute! I love how much Nate and Luke look alike.
Glad he's getting bigger, but yes, he is tiny! The smiles are the best!! Can't wait to see him.
A few more weeks and you can come swimming with me!!

The Tyler's said...

Gosh I love those kids so much! That is a really fun trait to have. In my family we can all do crazy things with our eyebrows.
So you guys need to get set up on Skype (if you already aren't). We just got set up and need someone to talk to!

Kaelene said...

Them are some QT pies! Love the Luke grin!

Jenni said...

What cute pictures!!! Luke is adorable and looks like his brother. Glad he is gaining weight...hang in there! It is fun to see all your kiddos together.

Lisa Brown said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is a gorgeous baby!! And I understand the sleeping thing all too well. It is one of the things that scares me about having another one - but I guess 5 straight years of no-sleep is the exception to the rule :).