layout

8/27/2009

Wonderment

In case you were wondering if Sadie ever officially potty trained. . . YES! The other day she asked if she could sit on my lap, "I promise I won't pee on you." No, in all the training she never peed on me, but I did remind her not to every time she sat on me.

In case you were wondering what Nate would say if he saw someone in a speedo. . . it's embarrassing for sure. We were walking to the bathroom at the pool when Nate wondered very loudly, "WHAT is him wearing?" The guy hears him and simply explains, "It' a swimsuit for swimming." Nate:"Yeah, but why it so small? And what is that round. . ." I apologized profusely and hurried him off hopefully before the guy heard any more. Definitely more embarrassing than the time Nate asked the very short lady at the Target returns desk, "Hey you small. Why you working?"

In case you were wondering what Little Ponies eat . . . I happen to know. Sadie and I were playing with her Ponyville set that she finally got to open when it was time for them to eat lunch. I told Sadie that ponies love to eat carrots and apples. She then tells me, "Noooooo Mom. Ponies like cupcakes, and lollipops and piiiiizzzzza." I plan on starting a line of children's toys where the characters only eat healthy foods. Healthy foods with organic labels. And they never have fun.

In case you were wondering what my sister is having. . . we found out this morning. And by "we" I really mean she. I know a lot of you have had the chance to meet my sister or read her hilarious blog and have been asking me if she knows what she's having yet. It's a GIRL!

19 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Thank you for satisfying my curiosity. I really appreciate it! :)

I die every time my children take note of people who are somehow different. I obviously have way more than 9 lives, because Bria alone was a champion at that kind of thing. Thankfully she's a little more aware now.

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to harrass you, but I really would like to know if it's a yes,no, or maybe on the bag. As you can tell, I really like it!

Maddy said...

Sorry anon -- I honestly thought you were a friend joking around with me. The bag has sentimental value, so it stays with me. Sorry!

Michelle said...

three cheers for sadie! and pizza and lollipops and cupcakes! when i grow up i want to eat eat pizza, lollipops and cupcakes! Love you all! Grammie

Michelle said...

PIMP. i forgot about that hilarious story. remind me to tell kyle about it. you know who might be more hilarious though, YOU... "and they never have fun." nice. love you!

Michelle said...

ps, that was kathleen clearly on mom and dads computer and i don't feel like signing out and then in blah blah blah

lynette said...

Ok, Nate's comments CRACKED ME UP! Hilarious!

Sherrie said...

ROTFLMAO about Nate's comment. Your kids are so like you. ;)

The Tyler's said...

I'm laughing at Nate's comments. That's why I love him so much. My fav is "why you so short"!

I'm so excited for you sister! She will be such a fun Mom...just like you. And I seriously can not wait for you to come see her (and me) in Feb. I will totally come up there and would die to spend the day (or lunch or dinner) with you! I'm already excited!!

Natalie said...

So funny :) Your kiddos are hilarious!

Rickie said...

Mike and I are getting a good laugh at Nate's first encounter w/ a speedo.

Megan said...

Will you please please please come potty train Lucy?

And Nate is hilarious!

Janel said...

LOL @ Nate, ahhh, kids. Yay for Sadie being potty trained, that is great! We need to plan a lunch date or something! I wanna see the baby!

Lisa Brown said...

Still laughing about Nates comments :). I love kids!

AZ Hey-mon said...

Clearly you didn't encounter enough speedos at the beach this summer. LOL! Sadie is AWEsOME!

Brenda Janda said...

I needed a good laugh and where better to go than your blog. Thanks Maddie you are the best!!!

Lisa said...

oh my gosh. funny stuff. but you know for your ponies to eat healthy you actually have to cook. just sayin'. lol

can i have sadie? she is a doll. and brianne is having a boy!

Rach said...

Oh my goodness!! Nate is hillarious!

Amber Miskin said...

Those are great Maddy. I can't even imagine what I'll do when Caleb starts saying things like that! :)