layout

8/21/2009

So what. I am a rock star.

I got my rock moves! I really love that song, especially when my kids it.

Ellie is off at a Hannah Montana Rock Star party as we speak. Girl theme parties are so much more fun than boy theme parties. At least to this mommy.

In other Rogers' Rock Star-ness

Sadie is really doing AMAZING at potty training. Finally!! We haven't had any accidents in 3 days. Tomorrow will be the first venture-out-of-the-house-in-panties day for our day of McGuire festivities. Crossing my fingers because there's no turning back now.

Luke is really sleeping like a champ now -- he slept until 8 this morning!!! He is also settling into being just the sweetest little baby EVER. I love it when all the other kids are asleep and he just sits with me and we stare at each other. We smile and coo and I contemplate ways to shrink all of my children back to this age. . . We're not the only members of our little Mutual Admiration Society. Don't you think he is actually starting to look (dare I say) BIG??

And Nate starts his last year of pre-school on Monday. He is so ready to get back to school. OK, we all are.And yeah, that's a Halloween shirt and it's only August. What can I say -- he loves that holiday.

I love structure and routines, so I'm glad everything is finally starting to settle back down into a pattern. It's going to be a busy but fun weekend!

13 comments:

Kathleen said...

i am so proud of my little sadie.

remember this: lola, i in girl underwear.

those are hands down the most attractive children ever.

The Tyler's said...

I love that Sadie looks like she just got back from glamor shots and got her hair blow dried out! Way to go girl!
I love that Nate wears Halloween wear half of the year. I love Halloween too!
Oh and I'm pretty sure I am sooo thankful I am not your kids' teacher in school! Haha!

Michelle said...

Hip Hip Hooray for Sadie! Keep it up!

I think Nate needs a couple more Halloween shirts -- will see what I can do!

And could Ellie be any more Beautiful!

Ah I love Lukers -- wish I could hold him and love him!

Love you all, Gramma

Unknown said...

Ellie totally looks like a rock star ;D I wish I could go to a Hannah Montanna Rock Star party!

Oh and I love Nate's shirt. Not only is it a Halloween shirt, but it is a very scary and cool Halloween shirt!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what ammount of $$ would make you part with that old green ESPRIT bag?

Maddy said...

Well it all depends on who anonymous is and what they need the bag for.

Anonymous said...

Hi again: I want the bag to either use like a purse to hold my wallet, shades, books, snacks, walkman & cassettes, or whatever I might carry, or to hold a change of clothes for a short trip. I also want it beacuse that green is my favorite color and I love ESPRIT! I have long since outgrown my blue ESPRIT sweatshirt and have been trying in vain to find another one. As for who I am, I don't feel comfortable giving out that information online unless I know that you would consider selling the bag.

Sherrie said...

Hey Maddy
Congrats on #4. He is just as adorable as the other three.

Lisa said...

such cute kids you have!

Meredith said...

Oh, Lindsay is bummed she missed the rock star party! Luke is adorable, I loved Nate in his halloween shirt at the party saturday night and Sadie - so proud of the girl!

Jenni said...

What cute kiddos you have!!! I can't wait for all the girly parties!!! They do seem like so much fun! I am with Nate...can't wait for Halloween! :)

Rach said...

What?? Boy parties are totally cool! Glad Sadie is doing great with the potty training, good luck on your first outing!

Lisa Brown said...

I am so with you on girl theme parties - so fun! And yea for Sadie!! Hope it keeps up :).