layout

9/13/2009

A Glimpse of Stardom

Friday Night Sadie got her first shot at making a name for herself. She *starred* in our Ward Talent Show. And I literally mean *starred*. She was so dang cute; she even spoke into the microphone and took a little bow. And what was her talent? She did a somersault.Love that little girl!

Saturday Nate had his first soccer game. There are no pictures because it was 106 out and his game was at 1, so I stayed home with Luke and Sadie and Dad forgot the camera. I think I'm glad I missed it since this was Nate's recap after I asked him how the game was. "It was good. Actually, it was not very good. I cried like a baby." Poor Nate. He promises me next week he'll try his best. Crossing my fingers. He's still a star to me. At least he told the truth, right?

My girlfriend Katherine's in town from Utah which warranted a little GNO! (Sorry Kris and Heather, I totally forgot to take a picture till we were all leaving. I feel really badly we missed you in the picture). It was so great to see all my old girlfriends who have moved. It's not like they moved super far away, but I miss all those girls being just a house or two away! Thanks for sticking with me Casey. Katherine and Scott have to come back in November, so we'll have another excuse to get together then -- this time with husbands. Jill we missed you so much! Pita Jungle and Golden Spoon. . . yummmm. The perfect night (plus BYU trounced Tulane -- note I'm wearing my blue and white)!

15 comments:

Janel said...

It was so fun!! I love these girls!!! However my first thought when I sat down was......"OH, I miss Jill!!!!" She was there is spirit!! I loved seeing the babies, and I really miss our street, so I guess this is the next best thing, right? Thanks for organizing it all, Maddy. There are just certain friends that moving and time don't break up, and I love you guys!

Lara Neves said...

Sadie is uber talented. I am sure she stole the show. :)

Poor Nate.

Kathleen said...

i almost spat my entire drink all over my computer when nate said he cried like a baby. oh my gosh, i love that kid so much. wanna know the weirdest thing about this post, i totally wore that dress yesterday. sadie, adorable as always.

Michelle said...

I'm with Nate -- I would cry like a baby if I had to play in 106 degree heat too -- (I almost cried this morning running 70-something and 95% humidity this morning!)

And Sadie is a super star in my galaxy! I've seen those somersaults!

Love you all, Granma!

The Tyler's said...

In tears right now...

Amy F. said...

It's true, it was sad without our Jill there!!
That was so fun. Thanks for putting that together Maddy! (I didn't get to tell you how cute your hair looked either!). It was great to see Katherine... I'm still hoping they decide to move back someday ;).
Sadie rocks! I love that girl. I wish I could've seen that.

Burwell's Bits said...

I love that Sadie has the flag in her hand. My kids had the best time running around with the others Friday. Nate played TAG with Riley, her favorite game of all time.

Amber said...

Awwww....I miss my old neighboors too. I dont even get to see the ones that still live a couple doors down...I see a problem there!

I cannot get over Sadie and her cuteness!

Kat said...

LOVED Sadie's somersault! Great pic of us by the way! Good cropping job too ;). It was so fun to see you. We are ON for November! 2nd weekend! So the 13th or 14th! It was sad not to have Jill there.. go Cougs! I'll be thinking of you at the games as I sing their l-A-me fight song, lol. Sorry, I just don't love it! Tell Dustin he can have my ticket if he comes up to any of the games!

Kat said...

P.S- so cute about what Nate said!

Anonymous said...

It is very hard to tumble and suck your thumb at the same time. I wonder how this new talent will play out.

I love your new haircut! You look faboosh. Really adorable.

Dave, Bonnie, and Taten said...

Hey Maddy, Your little Sadie sure is cute, who would guess she was only 2. I am missing you too. My pregnancy is going well though, my Doc here still doesn't have me laying in bed, i just have to take it easy and I only have 8 weeks to go. Dustin wanted Dave's email it is dcritchfield09@atlanticbb.net or david.critchfield@pepsi.com

Lisa Brown said...

Aren't GNO the best? I am glad that I am finally started to get a group of friends here in NC so I can start doing that again. And it looks like Sadie was adorable!

Chelsea said...

Can you all be any prettier?

Sadie...please marry one of my boys when you grow up.

Laurel and Trev said...

LOVE the pic of Sadie's somersault!!!! Sooooooooo cute!!!!! :D