layout

9/30/2009

Moving On

The end of my twenties is quickly approaching. I think I've been counting down to this day since I turned 29, but my sister gave me a great idea of a way to say Good Bye to my youth (ok, only being slightly melodramatic here). She's sending me a something every day for the 30 days before my 30th birthday and I love the whole "thirty before thirty" theme. So in honor of that, I'm going to do 30 new/fun/crazy/relaxing. . . things -- one a day, for the 30 days before my birthday.

The good news is, I'm feeling uncreative lately, so I need your help to write the list!! Throw out some ideas of things you'd like to do, things you'd love to see me do. . . whatever. They can be as simple as making a certain recipe for dinner/dessert (get a pedicure will definitely be on the list). Or something challenging for me, like sewing something I cannot guarantee that everything will make the list, but at least TRY to make them doable.
I think Nate was trying to give me bunny ears, but I ended up with Devil horns. And by *think* I mean *hope*.

My 30 days start the end of October, so put your thinking caps on! And remember, this is all in good fun, not one of those crazy serious lists where people write things like "Make a wish on a falling star and have it come true" or "Find the love of my life." I feel pretty accomplished in the "grand accomplishments" of life scheme of things.

17 comments:

Kathleen said...

here's mine: moon someone.

love you, sister.

Kiran said...

give something that you really love: away.

happy early birthday, this is such a great idea. own it girl.


not to sound cliche, but age is really just a number, and you don't look a day over 22!

Janel said...

OK I'll be thinking :D

ASHLEY said...

I laughed aloud when I read Kathleen's comment.

Unknown said...

Have a backyard camp-out with the whole family. :)

Lara Neves said...

Go on a hayride.

Sounds fun, you young little whippersnapper. :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

Meghan, Carson and the Kiddos said...

Let your kids pick out your outfit for the day. Let each of them pick some part. Like Nate picks your shirt, Ellie picks your pants and Sadie picks your shoes. See what they come up with and wear it all day.

What a fun idea!

Rickie said...

I have 3:
Go camping (I like the overnight campout in your backyard idea. I'm pretty sure this one won't make the list, but its worth a try:)

Have an "Eat anything you want day."

& Go test drive a Porsche w/ Dustin.

Mamacita said...

You're writing your bucketlist already? You're only 29!

I like Rickie and Kathleen's ideas! I'll ponder a few of my own.

Nicole said...

hmmmm, let me think.....
*wear a wig ( a good one! ) for a day
*eat a chocolate covered bug
*make a "pillowcase" dress for Sadie....very little sewing
*buy several different pies, from different places and sit down and sample each one
*paint a wall in your house a different color
*go dancing with dustin (and wear something sexy!)
*get a tattoo
*make pancake muffins (bakerella)!

I hope you like at least one!

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! I'll try to think of some more!

Lisa Brown said...

Fun idea! I think you should spend a day reading a fun book you have been wanting to read.

Also, you should totally have a big party for day 30 to celebrate.

What else . . . have somebody you know who takes nice pictures do a quick photo shoot so that you have a nice protrait of just you. It is something your kids will love to have someday.

The Tyler's said...

Fun idea. I'll b thinking...
I was laughing at Ricky's idea to go camping! Ha!
Your hair looks fabulous!

Danika said...

Ahhh...the good old days of being 20-something! That ship sailed a few years ago for me....

Here's my idea: SKYDIVING! And if you want to foot the bill, I'll totally come do it with you. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Amy F. said...

How fun! Now, remember to keep the list full of RELAXING things Maddy! Especially cause I'm gonna want to borrow the list in 3 -okay, 2 years and 22 months. I think you should do that every year, so someday, when you turn 100, you get to count down the 100 days until then doing things you've never done before, like "Go square dancing", or, "Take a space bus ride to the moon" -hey, it might exist by then ;).

Unknown said...

Brett and I will both be thinking...Hmmmm

swampbaby said...

Kiss your metabolism good-bye. Oh, wait, this is suppose to be cool things to do when you turn 30. How about go to a concert? But not just any concert, it has to be a teeny-bop bang-your-head flash- from-the-past concert!

Chelsea said...

Come visit me! Really, how many times do I have to BEG!?! :)

One of them has to be a date with me because I am going to be there for your big day!!!!!

Go on a date to the Drive ins with Dustin. No kids.

Go do Karaoke.

Go buy yourself a piece of jewelry. I heard one of the stores in Chandler mall was closing out with great prices.

Check out flights on "Allegiantair.com" and get a super cheap flight for you and Dustin to go to brunch somewhere fun, and be back in time for kids bed times.
Hey, actually, I just looked. Phoenix-Mesa is ONSALE! right now!!!

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaLanding20091004IWAsale.php

Go to Sedona and find some Fall leaves for new fall decoration decor.

Don't forget to take a picture of each event to make your special post and scrap book at the end :) I'll think more later...