layout

9/08/2009

I love Monday holidays!

It is so nice knowing you get one whole extra day to play! Plus having Dustin back in town and no huge pressing plans for the weekend. . . so we decided to PLAY! IN case you doubt how much -- I used an entire POUND of BUTTER making treats this weekend.

Saturday
After our rockin' game night, I slept in. It had been a looooooooong time, but I slept until 8 am. I then lounged around in my PJs and sat on facebook all morning long. It felt really good. Dustin and I both made it to the gym at some point and then I got my hair done, which I had also not done in a looooong time. Good bye grays!! Bad angle on Luke, but he's so cute anyway!
Lazy Saturday morning before we lost Ellie.

Ellie spent the evening (and then the night, and then Church) with her besties Lindsay and Caroline, so we were down to just 3 kids. It's amazing how easy it feels to just have 3 kids now. We watched the BYU game, which meant Dustin watched the game while I was attacked by small children who can only cheer for so long.
But we WON! WOO HOO!!!

Sunday
I slept in AGAIN! 8 am!!! Once again, getting the 3 kids ready for church seemed like a breeze, getting through sacrament meeting with 3 kids seemed so much easier. . . We picked up Ellie who was appropriately tired which meant -- NAPS for everyone. While they were sleeping I made peanut butter white chocolate chip cookies. More butter.

Monday

OK, you might not want to know this, but I slept in AGAIN!! Gym and general lazy-ment ensued and the afternoon/evening was spent at the Jones' for a swimming party/BBQ. Somehow with 20 kids running around in there we managed to play Nertz and Farkle while the guys watched football.

Tuesday
Nate starts his other preschool today! HOORAY! I wanted to take some pictures of him, but it turned out Sadie was more cooperative.




17 comments:

Kathleen said...

you are so tiny. i hate my life so much!

your children are so gorgeous! i am jealous of you in so many ways.

Meredith said...

We opted out of the BBQ to instead take apart and unclog all the drains slow running drains in my house! It was AWESOME! No, really, strangely satisfying.

PS: We LOVED having Ellie of course. She is a delightful house guest. :)

Amber said...

I am so jealous of your lazy-ment weekend and fun games nights and bbq's! We were stuck in the house for our 4 day weekend with a house full of sickies! Not so fun.

Did you cut your hair short? It looks really cute in the pics, but cannot tell if you took inches off!

Cute pictures of the kids. I am jealous of the pretty olive skin!

Burwell's Bits said...

I am soooooo jealous of the sleeping in until 8!!! What would that be like? Our man child wakes up early and says, "I want show." He just repeats it when I say "I want sleep." Glad you had a great weekend.

Michelle said...

AH are those kids a bunch of cuites -- I love them ad miss them -- hugs and kisses to you all1

Love you! Granma

Lara Neves said...

Sleeping in, lazy weekends are the best. :)

mystery boo papa said...

they certainly all know how to mug for the camera!

Megan said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend, sleeping in, a pound of butter, friends, games, swimming, a BYU victory...

Rickie said...

Mike and I think Sadie is the cutest little girl ever. I love your hair.

Lisa Brown said...

Love Sadie's squinty eye picture - it looks like she is a pirate :). And what an awesome weekend you had!! And those cookies sound delicious!!

The Tyler's said...

If you say gym one more time I might scream!! Haha...I just really would love a gym membership.

Would you please package Sadie up and send her over to V.B? Not kidding. I can't handle how cute she is!

Laurel and Trev said...

Maddy...you're kids are absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! ALL of them!!! Love your hair too btw :).

Hey ...those cookies sound very very yummy...could I get the recipe :D????

Anonymous said...

sleeping in. good.

lisa

Danika said...

Any weekend that involves treats using a pound of butter sounds like a good weekend to me!

And sleeping in until 8 for three days in a row? See, there are lots of perks to bottle-fed babies! :) Unless Luke always sleeps until 8, and then I just hate you...since my 7 year old doesn't even do that!

Unknown said...

Gooooo Cougars!! What a wonderful way to spend the weekend, huh? We actually attended the game and had a heck of a time ;D Your weekend sounds like it was delightful anyways! Glad to hear it!

swampbaby said...

Sounds divine! And you look great, BTW.

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the fall publication of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=lock my folder 1.0 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you profit by the black methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg